Topic: Canon Powershot A85

So I found a canon powershot for a suitable price
Is it worth the money
Right now i am using my dad's nikon D60 which i don't like for many reasons so is the canon powershot A85 worth it?

Re: Canon Powershot A85

It sure looks like it.

If you do get it make sure you get all of the software with it.

What about the A95
and what is the software

I have a stop motion software already if that what the software is

Or the A590 IS

TRIPLE POST

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

How about a 9000?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

my computer isn't next to my studio

LegoDudez wrote:

How about a 9000?

Technically, the A85 is a much better camera, for couple extra dollars than the 9000. The 9000 may be smaller, but I think that's the only thing that it has over the A85.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Yes, the A85 has SO much better quality then lots of webcams and cameras, I would get it.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

How do you connect the A85 to software and what resolution can you stream at?

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

If you plan on using an A series Powershot with live feed on Vista, think again. Canon limits the functions of older Powershots on Vista, so one would be useless for stop motion.

My computer isn't next to my studio (the place where i take my pictures) so no live feed
And I couldn't get the 9000 anyway because i am on a mac
What about the A590?

Mutuceba wrote:

What about the A590?

I've heard really good things about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5hqgnT … r_embedded

This is a video review.

http://thebuttonfilm.com/

Mutuceba, it sounds as though you're thinking you can get away with taking the pictures on the camera itself by just pressing the camera's capture button and saving to a card.  This isn't the case - touching the camera like that will almost certainly cause issues with camera bumps.  Most of us who use a Powershot camera attach it to the computer via USB cable and control the camera from the computer, capturing images directly to the hard drive.  If your computer isn't near the place where you plan to film, that's not going to work for this kind of setup, you'll probably need to change that so you can have the computer near the sets.  I use a USB extension cord but I still have the computer only a few feet away from the set, and I use the computer to control the camera settings and capture frames.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Well my case stinks doesn't it
mY computer is in a whole other room
Is there an alternative solution?
Without having to get another computer
or moving this one cause i am working on the family's computer

Is it correct that the only way you use the A85 is by capturing to the hard drive. (directory capture) but using remote shutter control.

You dont use live streaming at all, and have no onion skinning etc. available to you?

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com