Topic: [Casting Call] Need voices for Uni 3D Animation

Right, my sister needs voices for her short animation due in 6 weeks. It's basically about crime-solving Victorian stationary (in her words, "like Sherlock Holmes but with less intelligent mystery solving"). No, I am not making this up.

The main characters are:

• Sir Cuthbert Pencilton, a top hat and monocle wearing pencil with a moustache - needs a British male voice, like what you'd hear on 1940's radio. (picture here)

• Charlie Scribblesworth, his young sidekick - a young boy's voice, also British, preferably a London accent. (same as link above for picture)

• Lord Sharpes, a time travelling pencil sharpener from the future and Sir Cuthbert's nemesis. No picture for him, but imagine this kind of sharpener with a cape - since she's screwing with stereotypes, he has an American accent.

• There may be small side roles for Sharpes' eraser flunkies.

Accents can be put on and rather dodgy if needs be. Sir Cuthbert and Charlie are the most important as they will have the most lines.

Mods, feel free to shift this if it's not the right place (seeing as it's not a brickfilm).

Rejecting reality since 2000. mini/bigsmile

UniBlog | DA

Re: [Casting Call] Need voices for Uni 3D Animation

I could probably do all the voices.  Just send me the lines and I'll see what I can do.

Hmm, id like to be Lord Sharpes.

I wouldn't mind trying out for Lord Sharpes. According to my sister, I've got an awesome evil laugh, however, I don't know if my voice is deep enough, double however, if it's a comedy/satire, that doesn't really matter.

But just in case, I don't swear.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

My sister is unlikely to put swearing in. But she said it can hammed up as much as you like (I think she's actively encouraging it).

UniBlog | DA

So, how do we audition? Do we just record some lines, and then send them in?

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

Yeah, she needs to sort out the lines first, but she wanted to get a casting call started now before the dreaded deadline suddenly starts bearing down on us like a crash of rhinos (headless chickens is a pretty apt description of us lot at crunch time).

I'll post her email and the lines when she has them ready.

UniBlog | DA

*Bump (sorry for double post)*

My sister has gotten some lines together and sent me them to post.

She wrote:

Sir Cuthbert 's and Lord Sharpes can really be hammed up in the performance if you'd feel that's what works best.

Sir Cuthbert Pencilton
English accent, sounding similar to the old radio/tv narrators in the 1940s / early 50's.

"What is it, my dear boy?"
*angrily* "The fiend! Come, Charlie, we must depart at once!"

Charlie Scribblesworth
Young with London accent

*urgently* "Sir Cuthbert, Sir Cuthbert! We've got trouble!"
"Ah, Sir wait for me!"

Lord Augustus Sharpes
American accent, possibly Texan (don't know that much about different American accents). Talks muffled when seen in person.

*unmuffled, narration from a letter, sounding clichedly evil* "We shall soon meet again, my nemesis! Lord Augustus Sharpes." (signing off the letter)
*muffled, sounding depressed/irritated* I need to stop letting my henchmen take lunch breaks."

Feel free to tinker with these lines if they'll work better, I'm still sorting the script out and trying to get the wording sorted, so if you can find a better way to deliver a line, go for it! mini/bigsmile

Please send lines as well as how you would want to listed in the credits (in case you're comfortable with giving a real name) to her email at [email protected]. She would like them ASAP, preferably by Sunday if at all possible.

Last edited by Blue (April 30, 2009 (01:41pm))

UniBlog | DA

I might be able to get them done on Saturday. I'm visiting my sister today and tomorrow, and won't have any access to recording equipment until I'm back.

Does your sister mind if I add a line or two, just for kicks?

Just asked her, she says that's fine.

UniBlog | DA

Sent.

Okay, my sister has Lord Sharpes and Charlie (sorta, she's currently bugging a friend for that), but she still needs Sir Cuthbert.

UniBlog | DA

*bump*

Thought I'd better post and say that my sister has finished her animation and in the end chose someone else for Lord Sharpes (sorry Littlebrick).

UniBlog | DA