Topic: Audacity problem

I've got a problem with Audacity, I can't select a recording device, even with a microphone plugged in or out, I still can't select a recording device. Does anyone here have a solution?

-storgero

EDIT: This happens even when my webcam is unplugged.

-storgero

Last edited by storgero (January 20, 2009 (01:25pm))

YouTube | PlayStation Network: storgero | Xbox LIVE: storgero | Steam: storgero

Re: Audacity problem

You can record externally and then import your sound files. Thats what I do...
EDIT: Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Last edited by fib12345 (January 1, 2009 (06:56am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

fib12345 wrote:

Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I did that over a few dozen times already, and it still doesn't work.

-storgero

I use Audacity quite frequently. I have a USB microphone that I use to record my voice. All I do is turn the microphone ON, turn my speakers off so I don't get static, press the record button on Audacity, and speak. I don't recall ever having to select a recording device. I hope that helps you.

It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

If you are running vista, try going to control panel>sound>Reocrding, and then make sure that your microohone is enabled by right clicking, and making sure enable is selected. If that doesn't work, go into the properties of your microphone from the sound menu, and make sure the master volume is up high enough for you to hear. Hope that helps!

Last edited by kevin66655 (January 1, 2009 (09:22am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/klbrickmations/Banners/bobobobo.png

Unplug your webcam.

It's probably really that simple. For some reason, your webcam's microphone overrides any other option.

BertL wrote:

Unplug your webcam.

It's probably really that simple. For some reason, your webcam's microphone overrides any other option.

You know what, it might have started there, 'cause I had my webcam plugged in when I first installed Audacity. I think we might be getting somewhere.

-storgero

EDIT: GOT IT! Aparently, the stereo mix device was disabled in the sound settings, I didn't realize until I had a look. Thanks for the help!

-storgero

EDIT: DAMN IT! It didn't work! mini/madhead

-storgero

Last edited by storgero (January 1, 2009 (10:45am))

Unplug your webcam, restart your computer, try again. D:

D: ?
WOW.
Ontopic: I had that problem too. I just unplugged my webcam, and TADAA! it worked.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

*Sigh* I give up, in the end it's not going to bloody work AT ALL. I didn't have this problem when I had Audacity on the laptop.

How I've tried to correct the problem:

1). Uninstall the software, then reinstall it.
2). Unplug all USB devices.
3). Unplug the mic.
4). Uninstall the software, then shut down the PC, then turn it back on and then reinstall the software.

Help and advice will still be nice. You can try something to help me out with but, at the moment I'm just deleting everything that revolved around Audacity.

-storgero

Last edited by storgero (January 20, 2009 (01:23pm))