Topic: cameras

first off, does the logitech quickcam pro 9000 work on mac, or at least iStopMotion, If not, please recommend a camera that does thx mini/smile

Re: cameras

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LegoDudez/Sig-fig/9000_help.png

And,

Limited Functionality For QuickCam Pro 9000
I just purchased a QuickCam Pro 9000 for my Powerbook (17" 1.33 GHz PowerPC with Leopard) since my laptop has no built-in iSight. I chose this camera because it's received great reviews and has an awesome feature set (including 1600 x 1200 resolution at up to 30 fps). Unfortunately, despite multiple postings on various online forums that claim that this camera works on OS X, I have found that this camera has only very limited functionality on any Mac.

Almost every feature of the QuickCam Pro 9000 is entirely software driven. Unfortunately the software is Windows compatible only--Logitech does not have a Mac version of the software. Without the software to drive the camera, you are stuck with a resolution of 320 x 240 in iChat, a resolution of 640 x 480 in PhotoBooth, a maximum of only 5 fps, no auto-focus and no "HD". Basically I could have picked up most any UVC compliant camera for $20 or $30 and got the same result.

Is anyone aware of a third party application or driver that makes it possible to at least adjust the resolution on this thing? It'd still be worth the money if I could at least increase the resolution and get a quality picture. ...Any possibility that Apple will incorporate some kind of basic hardware control for generic webcams in future revisions of Leopard?
-JeffHendr 

Last edited by zerowellies (May 10, 2009 (09:24am))

welp
Formerly LegoDudez