Topic: Need help with a dolly shot

Well, I am planning to do a dollyshot simulair to that in the beginning of smeagols Bane of the sith.

Yes, I saw the behind the scenes o his website, but since I dont have a tripod to use in the shot, I need some help.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Re: Need help with a dolly shot

Hmm.... you could build a huge tower with Lego and lower it bit by bit but that would require loads of lego and it would be very difficult to make it look smooth.
Maybe use some kind of leverage. Place your camera on one end and find a way to gently move the other side up.

Depending what's going on in the shot, consider building the set on its side and mounting the camera on its side and just sliding it along like a regular dolly shot.

It may be worth it to buy a tripod if you think you'll also use it in some other films in the future.  But otherwise I can't see another way you could do it conveniently. mini/confused

http://thebuttonfilm.com/

0ldScratch wrote:

Depending what's going on in the shot, consider building the set on its side and mounting the camera on its side and just sliding it along like a regular dolly shot.

mini/smile That would be a problem if someone on that shot is gonna walk, but if Im n ot gonna do it, that would be the easiest.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile