Topic: 9k flicker?

I just got my 9k and it works wonderful but when i am animating after every frame the light readjust and so in every picture the light is different creating flicker. I don't have that rightlight thing on and i never bump the lamp so do you think its a problem with the camera or i am just stupid?
Also i updated the 9k software today and anytime i start it up my computer resets o.o does anyone know what to do:(

"Lego is not only a toy but a life long hobby that has been with us since birth"
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShdwProductions

Re: 9k flicker?

I have a 9k too and I have fixed my problem of light flicker. there are a few things you can do, and they don't have to do with your lights. first, you turn on Quickcam, and then you turn off ALL automatic settings you can find, including RightLight. It may sound stupid but turn anti-flicker OFF. And the problem of your computer resetting every time you turn off your automatic settings.
I went through that dozens of times before I figured it out. You turn on Quick Cam and then turn on your Frame Capture Software, then you press RETURN TO DEFALT SETTINGS. Then you turn off all the automatic settings

For me, being normal is abnormal

Last edited by Duke Boy (April 24, 2009 (06:28pm))

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Duke Boy wrote:

turn ALL automatic settings you can find

Automatic = mini/no

He mean't "turn off" hence why he edited it.

_2014

You have to turn all settings to manual.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Shdw wrote:

i updated the 9k software today and anytime i start it up my computer resets o.o does anyone know what to do:(

Ok FORGET my previous instructions, I am having the same problem (once you figure out the problem of your computer resetting, you can turn off all automatic settings)

Whenever I use ANYTHING that turns my camera on, MY COMPUTER RESETS mini/madhead. I have been trying to fiddle with my camera settings but every time I turn it on, my computer RESETS

Your computer will always reset the settings when you close/open your capture software.
You have to open your capture software first (and the actual capture window with the capture button mini/tongue), then you change the settings. The settings shouldn't reset as long as you keep that window open. Of course, you can't keep that window open at all times, so you'll have to write down your settings if you want to use them in the future or for the next scene.

Just print screen your settings.

What it your lighting setup? Are you using regular lighting from the room, or are you lighting your set with lamps? If so, are you using paper to diffuse the light?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I have fixed my problem, (I hope)

For me, being normal is abnormal