Topic: sounding like a fuzzy third grader.....

whenever i record my voice for a movie it sounds really young even though i'm 15 mini/sad
on top of that it usually comes out fuzzy
anybody know of programs or ways to fix this issue

S.T.A.R
scripting:55% (all day at school)
animating: 0%
editing: 0%

Re: sounding like a fuzzy third grader.....

All I can say is get a better mic. mini/confused

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

i'm using the rockband mic
mini/lol im not sure how great it is

S.T.A.R

I'm not sure either. mini/lol
I don't have a mac.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

mini/jaw how do you get voice into your movies

S.T.A.R

In your editing software you drag and drop the clips, ask your brother nicely and he might tell you. mini/wink

_2014

Audacity is the key to good sound. It's simple program that's easy to use and pretty self-explanatory.
My voice is a tad bit low for a girl's, so I use it to make mine sound higher (or even make me sound like a five-year-old.) The problem is probably in the mic (lower-qual mics don't catch lower notes as well), but you could use Audacity to make the recording sound as low or as high as you'd like. mini/wink

I never plan on buying anything when I go to the Lego Store.
Strangely enough, I always wind up finding something that makes me ditch those plans.

thnk you all now i just need to download audocity

S.T.A.R

if your on a mac, using iMovie you can record along with your videos so they sync in, go to the audio section on the toolbar and there will be a bar that determines how loud the sound is, and a big red button for recording.

I've got nothing.

If you don't like your voice, you could always seek help from people in these forums!  There are countless people who are willing to do voice acting work for your films!  Just post a casting call with the roles you want people to play, describe them a bit, and give 2 or 3 sample lines for people to email you.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

Dave wrote:

If you don't like your voice, you could always seek help from people in these forums!  There are countless people who are willing to do voice acting work for your films!  Just post a casting call with the roles you want people to play, describe them a bit, and give 2 or 3 sample lines for people to email you.

i have been doing that over pm

S.T.A.R

^As in, you've been sending PMs to people asking them to voice act for you? Another good method, one that's WAY underused in my opinion.

Audacity and a better microphone will do wonders for improving your sound quality. The other thing I can advise you to do is limit background noise as much as possible. How to do that? Well, get your mic as far from your computer tower as you can (you'd be surprised how much noise that fan really makes). Ask your family to keep it quiet while you're recording, or do it when they're not home. Keep any pets out of the room. Put the mic on your desk rather than holding it, as even slight movements jerk the cord and can cause popping noises. Use some sort of pop filter (even a Kleenex stretched tightly in front of the mic will help) to prevent hard sounds such as "b"s and "p"s from creating popping noises. And check your volume... if your voice is too quiet, you'll have to raise it in post-production to make it understandable and background noise will be intensified to uncomfortable levels. But if it's too loud (a big problem when recording shouted lines--back WAY away from the mic to solve this), the audio will "clip," which sounds just as bad.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

i've been doing it over pm so there is no chance my idea will get stolen and i only give them the part they are trying out for as to not get the whole story i need to try it myself though

S.T.A.R

I get this aswell it's really annoying.

_2014