Topic: Brickfilm of the week (from films shared on the BiM site or Discord)

Brickfilm of the week; August 14-20, 2023: We have decided to try out highlighting a brickfilm release of the past week, chosen from among those posted on the BiM site or Discord. Primarily, the intention will be to highlight good quality narrative-based films with original stories.

To kick things off, the first brickfilm of the week is Lego Jewel Heist by RADvisuals; a well-directed heist brickfilm with Mission: Impossible influence, featuring wonderful lighting especially for the nighttime and dark scenes, which can be tricky to do well. Check it out! (Contains infrequent strong language and violence.)

The Brickfilm of the week for August 21-27, 2023 is Shayberger by Blandeer. Intrigue and twists to behold!

Brickfilm of the week for August 28 - September 3, 2023: Revelation by A Brick History! A Brick History has been producing some of the most exceptionally creative and original animation recently, and this is no exception!

Re: Brickfilm of the week (from films shared on the BiM site or Discord)

Brickfilm of the week for September 4 - 10, 2023: Ben & Andy Do Barbenheimer by MindGame! A solidly-constructed Ben & Andy short, all in one shot! Still hanging outside the theatre after all these years.

Brickfilm of the week for September 11 - 17, 2023: A Fistful Of Silver by Star Brick Studios! A western that brought to mind brickfilms of old.

Brickfilm of the week for September 18 - 24, 2023: 戦-場 (Battle-Grounds) by Purple Brickfilms! A stylish Ninjago short, with a unique vibe.

Brickfilm...er release of the week for September 25 - October 1, 2023: SCP - Legend of the Janitor Part 1 by ForlornCreature! I don't plan to make a habit of this, but Forlorn is a longtime member who has been working on this for ages, and it's also at least kind of related to his previous SCP brickfilm series. This is a truly engaging and well directed release, with strong visuals and sound design. Quite inspiring as a largely one-person creation, and a good way to kick off October, too. Also features our own StormTheBlank doing well as a voice actor.

Brickfilm of the week for October 2 - 8, 2023: T'Animation by Merriaz! A brickfilm about a person creating an animation, with nice set design and a cool large-scale shot. (This brickfilm of the week was intentionally chosen from outside of the Genre Games entries, so as to not influence the judging.)

Brickfilm of the week for October 9 - 15, 2023: Lego Whiplash: "Not My Tempo" Recreation with a Twist by JayRed56! When I saw this title come up, I thought it would just be a short clip and wasn't expecting much, but I was in for a big surprise! Not only is it 10 minutes long, but this has much more to it than just being a recreation, and it's very well shot with remarkable precision to the drumming animation!

Brickfilm of the week for October 16 - 22, 2023: This Peter Pan animation by Plastic Peeps Performances! This guy creates some of the most fun to watch animation around at the moment.

Brickfilm of the week for October 23 - 29, 2023: New Bow, Whadd'ya Think? by Stanley Q-Brick! A LEGO twist on the business card scene from American Psycho, with Stanley Q-Brick's trademark photography and a good ensemble cast, if I do say so myself.

Brickfilm of the week for October 30 - November 5, 2023 (yeah I kinda forgor): DUEL OF THE FATES | TRAILER by jaredvb! This has been in production for a long time and it's looking hard, with standout camerawork.

Brickfilm of the week for November 6 - 12, 2023:Baptism by Fire: A Cold Welcome by Spencer Olson Films; a worthy comeback from an OG BiM member!

Brickfilm of the week for November 13 - 19, 2023:LEGO Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba: Anime Opening 紅蓮華 (Gurenge) by SamashBrickProductions! Wonderful animation and visuals!

Do you ever think one week has passed before realizing it was actually two? Anyway, the brickfilm of the week for November 20 - 26, 2023 is Vampire Bunny: Resurrection by Star Brick Studios! Another quality adventure from a remarkably prolific brickfilmer.

And the brickfilm of the week for November 27 - December 3, 2023 is ⁠Continue The Story 2023: December by Adventures Ensue! A hard-earned happy ending for Bart in a nice atmospheric brickfilm.

Brickfilm of the week for December 4 - 10, 2023: Lego Lethal Company by McNickFlix! I'm too busy to come up with a line of text. Watch this brickfilm if you so desire.

Brickfilm of the week for December 11 - 17, 2023:Baptism by Fire: Legend of the Blade [Ep. 2] by Spencer Olson Films! Another episode already! Great set work in this one, and a well-executed speed ramping effect.

The brickfilm of the week for December 18 - 24, 2023 is Lego Johnny Thunder and the Curse of Colonialism by McAuliffe Media! A nicely done Johnny Thunder brickfilm with a more satirical bent.

The brickfilm of the week for December 25 - 31, 2023 is two guys fight over pizza by Orca Studios! This is some really fun and creative animation; it's always a joy to see a distinctive style like this.

The brickfilm of the week (excluding THAC 2024 entries) for January 1 - 7, 2024 is LEGOIST by ZITRONUS ANIMATION! A remarkable first brickfilm from this creator! This is a trippy and atmospheric Star Wars horror brickfilm with incredible sound design and music. I'd really like to see this get more attention!

Brickfilm of the week for January 8 - 14, 2024:Cactus by Yetgo! Following on from the introductory film that was entered into THAC (but also entirely new and not just an extended version of that film), this is a lovely piece of work that brings in the influence of stop-motion and film outside of brickfilming, which we love to see. Very distinctive set design and sound design work; highly recommended!