Topic: LEGO The Brick Syndrome

In this story, Syndrome (a villain from the Incredibles universe) stumbles upon technology left behind by Lord Vortech (from LEGO Dimensions). Using the tech, he sets out to destroy all heroes in the LEGO multiverse, filling in the shoes of Lord Vortech, in a sense. Meanwhile, a team of heroes from across the multiverse had built a dimensional headquarters using the technology, and they soon underestimate the power of Syndrome...

I've been working on the plot for a while now, and my growing roster of characters have opened the doors to many different ways I could take this plot forward.

What do you think of the premise?

Re: LEGO The Brick Syndrome

Are you planning to make it into a series, a movie-length video, or a short?

If you're planning to make it into a short, then I highly discourage doing that, or at least make cast size reasonable, since it will cramming a bunch of characters in a short time isn't a good idea.

Also, do you have a script? I don't care if it's unfinished, mainly because this forum has a thread for posting story ideas, and anything outside of that requires a script.

I agree with Slappy, this wouldn't work to well in the confines of a short. Especially with you want a large cast of characters.  But this genuinely sound like a cool idea for series. I think it could be pretty cool. Do you have any ideas on what heroes you want to include in your team?

"Don't Regret Your Past, Learn From It. Regrets Just Make A Person Weaker".

Hi! I plan on making this a full-length movie at least 15 minutes long, maybe more…

Yes, the script is largely still unfinished, as I have other priorities to attend to while this continues to be developed since its beginning over five years ago…

If you have any ideas, you can share with me. Ty for the comments!

Periwinkle Productions wrote:

I agree with Slappy, this wouldn't work to well in the confines of a short. Especially with you want a large cast of characters.  But this genuinely sound like a cool idea for series. I think it could be pretty cool. Do you have any ideas on what heroes you want to include in your team?

Yes, I plan on including heroes from Star Wars, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the LEGO Movie, and LEGO Batman Movie, and other well-known franchises like those in LEGO Dimensions. And, of course, Mr. incredible.

I do have some interesting characters such as Falcon, Albus Dumbledore,  Professor Snape, Lord Business (tall version), Elsa and Anna (Disney Series 2), and other cool figures. Iron Man, Captain America, and grey-suited Batman are some of my strongest (in character) heroes. Syndrome, Zurg (Toy Story figure), Darth Vader, Asajj Ventruss, Electro, Venom, and Maleficent (Series 1) are some of my strongest villains.

Last edited by Dangerous Safe Pictures (July 10, 2023 (11:49am))

Dangerous Safe Pictures wrote:

Hi! I plan on making this a full-length movie at least 15 minutes long, maybe more…

Yes, the script is largely still unfinished, as I have other priorities to attend to while this continues to be developed since its beginning over five years ago…

If you have any ideas, you can share with me. Ty for the comments!

Judging from the videos on your channel: it seems this will be your first project that will be more than a few minutes long. It's better if your project is a 10 minute episodic story with a ending, to avoid biting more than you can chew, and when you screw up, you can start a new episode so that you'll be less disappointed on your Syndrome project.

Also, remember to storyboard when your script is finished, so that you can think of an idea of what it will look like before filming

Additionally, you should add music, and sound effects in it to give impact and life into the animation

Last edited by Slappy Bird (July 10, 2023 (11:12am))

Slappy Bird wrote:

Judging from the videos on your channel: it seems this will be your first project that will be more than a few minutes long. It's better if your project is a 10 minute episodic story with a ending, to avoid biting more than you can chew, and when you screw up, you can start a new episode so that you'll be less disappointed on your Syndrome project.

Also, remember to storyboard when your script is finished, so that you can think of an idea of what it will look like before filming

Additionally, you should add music, and sound effects in it to give impact and life into the animation

Thank you for the advice! I found it hard for me to make a feature longer than ten minutes, so maybe I’ll turn it into an episodic series! Only problem I think I might run into with this is that viewers would probably not want to watch the whole series, but they might watch a full video instead.

Maybe that’s just me and the fear of losing the audience I want, but I want to try this approach anyway.

As for the script, I’m trying to figure out how to pick a main protagonist, his or her character flaw, and a plot to resolve that flaw while still being relevant to the goal of taking down the villains. At first, I went with the Batman character from the LEGO Batman Movie, as he has the most potential I know for character development in a story. Character development is a bit daunting for me, however. Could you give me some tips on that as well?

As for the script, I’m trying to figure out how to pick a main protagonist, his or her character flaw, and a plot to resolve that flaw while still being relevant to the goal of taking down the villains. At first, I went with the Batman character from the LEGO Batman Movie, as he has the most potential I know for character development in a story. Character development is a bit daunting for me, however. Could you give me some tips on that as well?

I don't know much about Batman, but I'll try my best to help.

Maybe Batman can deal with conflict within his own team, where some teamates kill and/or uses guns. Something that Batman is against.

On character development, the characters can solve their own flaws, but can still do them occasionally because it's their bad habit. Since most people in real life don't instantly stop doing it, just because they know it's bad.

Slappy Bird wrote:

Maybe Batman can deal with conflict within his own team, where some teamates kill and/or uses guns. Something that Batman is against.

On character development, the characters can solve their own flaws, but can still do them occasionally because it's their bad habit. Since most people in real life don't instantly stop doing it, just because they know it's bad.

That would a PERFECT idea for any Batman variant, but the variant in the LEGO Batman Movie  especially has insecurities that are vividly shown in a somewhat humorous way, including a desire to work alone with a narcissistic streak.

Also, his tendency to push other people away from him to protect his fear of losing them as well as to show himself as needing no one is a powerful dynamic that I think could be exploited in the Brick Syndrome storyline.

Beyond this, I believe I need a bit of help in using this particular character flaw to show character development with this hero.

P.S. I do have two Batman variants to use in this multiverse-themed production, so I could show a bit of the anti-gun side of the other Batman variant…?

Slappy Bird wrote:

That would a PERFECT idea for any Batman variant, but the variant in the LEGO Batman Movie  especially has insecurities that are vividly shown in a somewhat humorous way, including a desire to work alone with a narcissistic streak.

Also, his tendency to push other people away from him to protect his fear of losing them as well as to show himself as needing no one is a powerful dynamic that I think could be exploited in the Brick Syndrome storyline.

Beyond this, I believe I need a bit of help in using this particular character flaw to show character development with this hero.

P.S. I do have two Batman variants to use in this multiverse-themed production, so I could show a bit of the anti-gun side of the other Batman variant…?

I don't know much about Batman, so I can't help much with that

Slappy Bird wrote:
Slappy Bird wrote:

I don't know much about Batman, so I can't help much with that

Ok no problem there. Thanks for your advice!