Topic: rstudios news

Anyone remember rstudios? He's my son and was active on Brickfilms for a few years from maybe 2001 to 2008 roughly.

Well he is an editor now in the TV industry, and has also worked as Assistant Editor on 47 Metres Down Uncaged.

If you have Apple TV+, Rob is editor on Hijack, starring Idris Elba. As is usual in this work, he edited a selection of the episodes, including Episode 3 which was released on 4th July.

One of Rob's most acclaimed brickfilms was '24 in Lego', which was obviously prescient as Hijack is an action show told in 'real time' over 7 one hour episodes, just like 24 was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqUXAeRS9U

Rob has also worked on the ITV series Litvinenko and is currently working as Editor on the 4th season of another Apple TV+ show.

From little Brickfilms, big things may come.

Last edited by richardfrost (July 5, 2023 (03:31am))

I drink, therefore I think I can!

Re: rstudios news

Yes, I remember “24 in Lego”. Pretty remarkable how his career is shaping up

Was his youtube channel for brickfilms deleted some years ago?

Yes, by accident. I think he was trying to merge channels or something and it all got deleted. He still has all the originals somewhere but has never got round to putting them back online. It's a shame as there was an awful lot of stuff. He even made brickfilms as part of his school homework. Turns out in the end that the part of filming he liked most was the editing, and that is what he is doing now.

I drink, therefore I think I can!

Thanks for the update; cool to see you check in. I remember 24 In LEGO being a big thing when I was new.