Topic: Stop motion studio pro and Logitech hd pro c920

Please help me! My 13 year old son has made a few stop motion films and recently got the Logitech c920 for his birthday. He's very frustrated because he's trying to make another film but the camera will only focus on the background. On its own, the manual focus on the camera works really well, but when he's using it with stop motion studio pro, the manual focus option disappears. Is there anything he can do please?
Thank you so much

Re: Stop motion studio pro and Logitech hd pro c920

I recommend using a different program to capture the images. I use a program called Arlo to take the pictures. You can then import the images you took with Arlo into Stop Motion Studio Pro or another video editing software to edit it. I have tested it with my c920 and the manual focus works great. It is compatible with many cameras so if your son ever upgrades to another camera he will still be able to use Arlo. Here is the download link: https://turtletooth.gumroad.com/l/arlo just enter 0 in the price box, click I want this, and it will download to your computer.
Good luck and happy animating!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Re: Stop motion studio pro and Logitech hd pro c920

Thank you very much. That is so kind of you to take the time to reply and we will try that link tomorrow. We're very grateful. Thank you

2x4 studios wrote:

I recommend using a different program to capture the images. I use a program called Arlo to take the pictures. You can then import the images you took with Arlo into Stop Motion Studio Pro or another video editing software to edit it. I have tested it with my c920 and the manual focus works great. It is compatible with many cameras so if your son ever upgrades to another camera he will still be able to use Arlo. Here is the download link: https://turtletooth.gumroad.com/l/arlo just enter 0 in the price box, click I want this, and it will download to your computer.
Good luck and happy animating!