Smithy of Films
Opaltron Animation
Chaparreras Films & General Brick Lee
ZealFenrir
Puskov
Wyattron

Honorable Mention:
Plastic_Dragon

Brickfilm Rapidly All Week Long or BRAWL, is a contest in which you have ONE WEEK to write, build sets, voice, animate, edit, sound mix, and submit a brickfilm from scratch. Beginning right now, you have one week to do all of that. Any entries not received by July 16, 2022, 7:00PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) will be disqualified. It’s not an easy task, but it’s a lot of fun!

Theme & MOD Elements
The theme for BRAWL 2022 is Repeat. The theme for BRAWL 2022 is Repeat. The theme for BRAWL 2022 is Repeat.
How are you gonna integrate the idea of "repeating" into your story? Literally? Metaphorically? Up to you, get creative!

Mods:
The color MOD element is: a BLACK piece connected to or directly touching a BLUE piece. The letter MOD element is the letter 'K'.

All entries must clearly show the BRAWL 2022 logo for three uninterrupted seconds. The logos may be inserted digitally. Several high-quality resolution versions of the BRAWL 2022 logo can be found here.

To prove that you made your film within the time limit, at least one of the mod elements must appear in every shot of your animation (excluding 15 seconds, more info below). You do not need to use both mod elements. You can combine these mod elements in any way that you see fit, so long as at least one is present. You could choose to use just the color mod or just the letter mod, you could choose to use both, you could alternate between scenes, or any combination of the above. All that is important is that at least one of the mod elements be visible in every shot, minus your 15-second leeway.

• The letter may be upper or lower case, but it still must be clearly that letter. It may be written or printed on a piece of paper or sticker, drawn directly onto a brick, printed on a piece, or built from pieces and even integrated into the set. As long as the mod is intentional and recognizable.

• The letter mod element may exist on a printed LEGO piece, but it must clearly be that letter. An eyebrow or wrinkle on a minifig’s face, or a fold in the shirt on the minifig's torso are not letters.

• All mod elements must be physically present in each shot of your entry (with the exception of 15 seconds). You cannot digitally insert the mod element after you have animated the shot.
    Minifig parts (for example a red torso attached to white legs) can count as the color mod.

• Baseplates do count as the mod element.

• You do not need to include either mod element in the titles or credits.

• If a shot must be clarified by changing the shot in anyway (changing brightness, black and white to color, etc) to be able to identify the mod element, the shot will be not counted as containing the mod element and will count towards your fifteen second leeway (and will disqualify your entry if it pushes the run-time of shots without the mod element over 15 seconds). See next rule for one exception regarding the cropping of the image.

• For particular shots where including the mod element would be disruptive to your artistic vision (such as extreme close-ups and shots with very low depth of field), you may include a legal mod element in the shot and then crop the mod element out in post-production. You then must provide an uncropped frame from that shot and explain in detail the cropped shot in the submission email. You will have to provide separate proof for each shot.

• The acceptable colors are (as designated on Bricklink):
        Black (Bricklink color ID: 11)
        Trans-Black (Bricklink color ID: 13)
        Light Aqua (Bricklink color ID: 152)
        Dark Blue (Bricklink color ID: 63)
        Blue (Bricklink color ID: 7)
        Dark Azure (Bricklink color ID: 153)
        Medium Azure (Bricklink color ID: 156)
        Medium Blue (Bricklink color ID: 42)
        Maersk Blue (Bricklink color ID: 72)
        Bright Light Blue (Bricklink color ID: 105)
        Light Blue (Bricklink color ID: 62)
        Sky Blue (Bricklink color ID: 87)
        Sand Blue (Bricklink color ID: 55)
        Trans-Dark Blue (Bricklink color ID: 14)
        Trans-Medium Blue (Bricklink color ID: 74)
        Trans-Light Blue (Bricklink color ID: 15)
    Here is a link to the overall Bricklink Color Guide.

15-Second Leeway Rule:
You are allowed to include up to 15 seconds of shots in your film that do NOT have mod elements present. The shot or shots without the mod elements do not have to be in order. The leeway rule allows you to not have to worry about placing a mod in difficult shots, or if you accidentally forget the mod in a shot. If you have any questions, please ask.

Feel free to contact myself (e-mail, PM, and the BiM Discord are the best way to reach me) or one of the judges with a frame to verify that the mod (letter or color) is recognizable and will not disqualify your entry. However, try to ask other users first and contact one of the judges as a last resort, as we may not may be able to respond immediately.

The Rules

• The entry must be entirely made and submitted in one week’s time. To prove this, one or both of the MOD elements must be present in every shot (with the exception of a maximum of 15 seconds) of your entry.

• Your entry must consist primarily of LEGO (or similar building-block toy) stop-motion animation. Live-action, CGI, hand-drawn, or other forms of film or animation may be used to supplement your entry, but stop-motion animation must be the primary focus.

• Your entry must consist of at least 30 seconds of stop-motion animation. And despite the theme being “Repeat,” you cannot animate 5 seconds and loop it to 30 seconds, that would disqualify your entry. There is no maximum time limit.

• No mature/explicit content is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: swearing, excessive/gory violence, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references.

• You must not make your entry public until the deadline has passed.
    The entry you submit to the judges must be the entry made publicly available to everyone else. You cannot create a version of your film that includes the mod element to send to the judges, and then publicly release a second version of your film that has the mod element removed.

• Use of copyrighted material (including music) is allowed, though discouraged. Use of copyrighted material will not affect the judging of your entry.

• Entries based off of previous copyrighted material (Star Wars, Marvel, Batman, etc.) are allowed, but discouraged. It could affect the judging of your film due to unoriginality.

• Because of the limited time frame and because this isn’t a music contest, you are allowed to use music created before the contest, either original music created beforehand or copyrighted music.

• Users banned from the Bricks in Motion forums or Discord are not allowed to enter BRAWL 2022.

Submission   
Please send all entries to [email protected] before 7:00 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on July 16th, 2022, any entries sent after this time will be disqualified.

Write the subject of your email in this format:
BRAWL 2022 Entry, [Your Bricks in Motion username], “[Title of your film]”
For example: BRAWL 2022 Entry, Chris W., “2 Coffee 2 Carnage”

Entries must be uploaded to one of these websites…
1. Unlisted YouTube video. To make your video unlisted, go to the video page and click the little blue icon next to the video title, then select UNLISTED from the drop-down menu.
2. Password-protected Vimeo video. To make your video password-protected, go to the video page and click Settings, then under the Privacy tab, choose "Only people with a password". Please remember to include the password in your email! If I cannot view your entry, I cannot accept it.
3. A Google Drive link. Be sure to change the privacy settings so that anyone with the link can access it.

An email response will be sent once the entry has been approved. In the event of any problems (ex. A missing MOD element, etc), an email will be sent for clarification. It is recommended to stick around until you receive an approval email. Please note, if you are sending in your film the last day of the contest, a verification that your video follows all the rules may not be sent before the deadline as a majority of the entries are submitted the last day.
Please check your video to make sure it is compliant with all rules before you send it to me.

Optionally, for entries whose primary language is NOT in the English language, a second version of the film may be submitted 48 hours after the deadline with added English subtitles so the judges have a better understanding of the film. In order to submit the subtitled film, the following criteria must be met:

• An entry must have been submitted before the one week deadline, July 16th, 2022 7:00 PM EDT.
• The subtitled entry will be a modified version of the entry submitted before the one-week deadline. The only change that can be made is English subtitles being added. No extra shots, no extra audio, not even a change in color grade. If any changes are found, the subtitled entry will be considered void and the previously submitted non-subtitled entry will be judged.
• The subtitled entry must be submitted no later than 48 hours after the end of the BRAWL contest, July 16th, 2022 7:00 PM EDT.

The judges for BRAWL 2022 are:
Chris W.
Blandeer
BlueBrick
Corey Pine Studios
Legostudio01

Entries will be judged on criteria including originality, production values (animation, set design, cinematography, sound, etc.), story, and creative interpretation of the theme by the 5 judges.  Films will be discussed and ranked collectively by the judges until a consensus is reached. The top 3 films will eligible for the prize pool. Entries below 15th place will not be publicly ranked.

Prizes
The LEGO Ambassador Network is once again supplying the prizes for our prize pool! Very excited for these:

Creator Pirate Ship, World Globe, and Daily Bugle:

https://i.imgur.com/8jOuXfm.png

First place gets first pick, second place gets second pick, and third place gets the prize that’s left.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread, or on the Bricks in Motion Discord in the #brawl-discussion channel. I’ll try my best to be around and ask questions, along with the other judges and BiM staff. However, be sure to read all the rules thoroughly before asking.

Feel free to post updates in this thread, make a BRAWL 2022 Production Thread, or share updates on social media with the hashtag #BRAWL2022!

The time is now, start BRAWLing!

Re: BRAWL 2022 IS OVER!

yes woo nice

yes

Alright LETS DO THIS BABY

Alright LETS DO THIS BABY

woo

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Wooooooooooooooooooo mini/smile

Hyped:lol:

Here we go, here we go!

Spoiler (click to read)

Bet you're not tired of that bottom of the barell joke yet...

Let’s go, fun theme, good luck everyone, let’s beat the record!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

*cracks knuckles*

My first BRAWL, lets goooo

I don't think I'll enter, but I gotta say the banner is very pretty.

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

I don't think we will be entering this year but I hope it goes great for everyone who does!

YouTube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/c/AwestruckPaja … ssians3-23

I may have gone back on my previous statement.
Just submitted my entry. I will now go and collapse into a pile of limbs and wait for someone to put me back together.

JAJ Productions/Fruitcake Films
YouTube Vimeo Website

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding' - Proverbs 3:5

ONE MORE HOUR TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TO BRAWL 2022!

Just sent the email! Woo hoo!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"

Woo hoo! TON of entries!

Congrats everyone! Can't wait for the playlist!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Good luck to everyone!!! The playlist is in the making mini/bigsmile
Time to watch every single BRAWL 2022 entry!!!