Re: Untitled space film. (Working title) production log.

One other nitpick I noticed in the clip you posted is that the light seems a bit harsh in certain places, particularly on the blonde haired guy. I’m not sure what kind of lights you’re using, but consider moving them higher above the set, of even diffuse them some if possible. But again, the production values of that clip are really sharp!

UPDATE: April 13th 2020
It’s been a while but this is still very much being worked on. I’ve finished what is more or less act one (minus a few complex shots I plan to come back to later)
I’ve spent some time making a new set for a barren, alien planet. Also learned about three point lighting, which made me feel like a total idiot for missing out on something so essential. I figured, new setting is the perfect time to start doing the lighting correctly. Here is a BTS shot of my new set w/ lighting setup:
behind the scenes picture
Also as far as pre-production goes, I decided that storyboards were really not my thing, so I planned out the rest of the film in a detailed written format. At first I thought the format was not well suited to planning a dialogue-free film, but I found I can convey my vision more accurately with words than with my scribbles. I’m keeping the storyboards I have tho, they’re useful for filling in gaps in the project file.
So anyway, that’s how progress has been going. Judging by what I have so far relative to the amount of the story it covers, the film is on pace to be probably 15-20 minutes.
See you next update.
(Edit: Tomorrow I’ll send a picture showing how this setup looks in-camera)

Looking good!

P.S. I think I might have that same laptop!

P.P.S. Nice socks mini/tongue

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Well, I promised I'd show what the set looked like in-Camera, so here it is:
https://bricksafe.com/files/AwesomepantsFilms/the-beautiful-eclipse/bounce.gif
I'm happy with how this shot turned out, the little wobble on the bounce was unintentional, but as Bob Ross would put it, a "happy accident"
Of course I'll need to do some masking before this makes it to the final cut...

Nice job on it! I do like the minifig's reaction for crashing landing on the ground.

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

Oh hey, I like that shot! Good motion, too.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

That's a cool shot! I've never been able to get a good shot of something landing from a height like that.

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Nice shot! I like the bounce after he hits the ground. Also, I like the lighting. I have never used a real table lamp for stop motion. And I think I have the same camera as you!

Last edited by Owen Garcia (April 21, 2020 (12:31pm))

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

https://youtu.be/u73uzGkR7uM

Very cool! Looking forward to it! The world need more Space themed Brick films!
I  really enjoyed the card playing test scene, thats some solid animation skills!

MicroSpace wrote:

Very cool! Looking forward to it! The world need more Space themed Brick films!
I  really enjoyed the card playing test scene, thats some solid animation skills!

This film already came out, there's a link to it above if you want to check it out (it's pretty good!)

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.