Topic: THAC 2022 is Over!

https://i.imgur.com/CP2uK5V.gif

THAC 2022 has begun! Best of luck, everyone!

Approved entries
E-Motion
Brickwood Studios
Wyvern
Dredgen_39 (J.M. Bricks)
Oskifilm
A.I Dan
Chillypenguinstuds
Brickmaster Studio
thefourmonkeys
Psycho Stopmotion Bros
Nicksoon 8888
Carlobric
ProCreeper
Broham Animations
Waffle Animations
Pinacarlito
Maosl
JaguarBrickFilms
Ryan J. Arts
Duffosaur
Larson LEGOs
ErikTongStudios
InfinityStopMotions
PicklePac
2x4 studios
Arjunator
Laughing Lego
gmoney9
Starwarsstudio100
Robukka
Wammy
Maxed Out productions
Bananaslama1
GlickFilms
DF1
AwestruckPajamaPeople
nswihart
Star Brick Studios
Crested Screamer Studios
Blandeer
Jevy
Tlider28
Shadow Wolf 909
Onewiththestud
SpiderSamYT
toadproductions
Mustache Maniacs
ParoFilms
Bros with da Legos
Alteration Animations
Formal Lens
Corbanzo24
Hornburger
Spudson
Ambi-Dexter Studios
Storm Box Studios
Nerostudio
End Films
Joshua Nelson/2x4 Productions
J.W. Productions
Leena, Mom of Nachiketas
rioforce
Tyrannosaurus Gaming
Kevin Ball
DeGarbes
EmberSkyMedia
Chuwawa
OneDouglas
MocDrop
Panoramic Studios
CA1
Squidtastic Videos
AwesomepantsFilms
Sim Ned Productions
Ziltrag
MindGame
NonStop
AngryCatBrickfilms
cgdude9
Joshua Armell
J&A Studios
mmm productions
BrickWillStudios
Zraderhold
animationbase1982
mkstudio
Steve and Daragh
Vert007
Greenshirt
PELOKETCHUP
Comindo
Mighty Wanderer and Mindfruit
Stoop Animation
Buck Brothers Projects
TheBrickBro
JO Co (participatory entry from a judge)
BossKingLegoProductions
Tinsel Studios
Code Man
Tmns5097
Osomstudios
Jim's Epic Films
Богдан Никишин
MC Studio Productions
Studio.B45
VBElephant
Stop Motion Picturez
Smithy of Films
Chaizin
Ryan Films Animation
Evan Holland
Puskov
Infinity Prime Studios
TurtleFlight Studios
Wyatt Owens
HiGold Animation studios
IronSeagull
Max's LEGO StopMotion
Helix Bricks Productions

Check out the announcement video:

All entries must clearly show the THAC 2022 logo for three uninterrupted seconds. The logos may be inserted digitally or printed out onto the set. Several high-quality resolution versions of the THAC 2022 logo can be found here.

The Twenty-four Hour Animation Contest, or THAC for short, is a Brickfilming competition that lasts exactly 24 hours. All writing, recording, animating, and editing must be completed within the span of one day. It is as challenging as it sounds, but equal parts fun and a major staple of the community!

The theme is Perspective.
The color mod is a green piece connected to or directly touching a yellow piece.
The letter mod is Q.
Submit your video link to [email protected]. before 7:00 AM EST on January 9th, 2022, any entries sent after this time will be disqualified.

Write the subject of your email in this format:
THAC 2022 Entry, [Your Bricks in Motion username], “[Title of your film]”
For example: THAC 2021 Entry, LOTW Studios., “The Citizen of the Year 2: Bum’s Revenge”

Entries must be uploaded to one of these websites…
1. Unlisted YouTube video. To make your video unlisted, go to the video page and click the little blue icon next to the video title, then select UNLISTED from the drop-down menu.
2. Password-protected Vimeo video. To make your video password-protected, go to the video page and click Settings, then under the Privacy tab, choose "Only people with a password". Please remember to include the password in your email! If I cannot view your entry, I cannot accept it.
3. A Google Drive link. Be sure to change the privacy settings so that anyone with the link can access it.

https://i.imgur.com/7jxCvdM.png

THAC 2022 has begun! Saturday, January the 8th at 7:00 am EST. It will end exactly 24 hours later, on Sunday, January the 9th at 7:00 am EST. You can find out how much time you have left here.

https://i.imgur.com/BPNLV6j.png

Anyone who is a registered member of Bricks in Motion is eligible to enter THAC. Judges may participate, but are disqualified from being ranked and from receiving prizes. Joint productions are allowed, but it is up to you to divide up the prizes if you win anything.

• Your entry must be entirely animated and edited during the 24-hour period. To prove this and as a long-time tradition of the contest, mod elements must appear in every shot of your film with the exception of 15 seconds. More on this below.

• Your entry must consist of primarily LEGO (or similar building block toy) stop motion animation. Live action, CGI, and hand drawn animation are allowed but stop motion must be the primary focus.

• Your entry must consist of at least 30 seconds of stop motion animation. There is no maximum time limit.

• No mature or explicit content is allowed. This includes but is not limited to: swearing, excessive gore, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references. (If you are unsure about whether your film will be accepted, ask me or one of the judges).

• You may not make your entry public until after the deadline. The entry you make public must be the entry you submit to the judges. You cannot create a version of your film that includes the mod element to send to the judges and then release a second version of the film with the mod element removed. Once the judging process is over and the official results have been announced, you can make any changes you wish.

• Use of copyrighted material (such as music) is allowed, though be aware of copyright infringement. Use of copyrighted material will not affect the judging of your entry. Additionally, due to time restraints of the contest, music may be created before the contest. While using copyrighted/trademarked material is allowed, you are discouraged from basing your entry on pre-existing franchises such as Star Wars, Marvel, etc. There is no direct score deduction, but a film that uses pre-existing intellectual properties will not be viewed as favorable as a film that creates something entirely new.

https://i.imgur.com/lcR4S59.png

The THAC 2022 theme is Perspective. This could mean the perspective of the characters or story. Or it could be more in how you present the film stylistically, with the visual side of things. Be creative!

To assure that you create your entry within the 24 hour time frame and to prevent cheating, we require the use of the “mod element.” A mod element is a visual component that must be physically included in each shot of your film to prove that it was made in the 24 hour timeframe. There is an exception however, with a 15 second lenience rule. You do not have to include the mod element for a maximum of 15 seconds. Hopefully, this will allow you to film close-ups or other shots where it may be difficult to incorporate the mod elements. Additionally, we want to provide leeway to entrants who forget to include a mod element in a shot or two. In short, if you omit or forget the mod element in a few shots–that’s okay! Just make sure the shots without the mod do not exceed 15 seconds. Additionally, we do allow mod elements to be cropped out in some shots but you must provide proof that the mod element was present, by sending me an uncropped still of the shot. You can send me this either through messaging me on discord or by including it in your submission email.

There are two mod elements to choose from–you do not need to use both, you can pick one or the other, or even mix and match them. The first mod element is a color mod. This is a combination of two random bricks that must be connected together or touching. The second mod element is the letter mod. This could be any one of the 26 letters in the English alphabet. You may use upper or lowercase versions of the letter, but the letter must be recognizable.

This year’s mod elements are a green brick connected to or directly touching a yellow brick and the letter Q.

According to Bricklink, the acceptable colors are:

Neon Green (BrickLink color ID: 166)
Light Lime (BrickLink color ID: 35)
Yellowish Green (BrickLink color ID: 158)
Medium Lime (BrickLink color ID: 76)
Lime (BrickLink color ID: 34)
Olive Green (BrickLink color ID: 155)
Dark Green (BrickLink color ID: 80)
Green (BrickLink color ID: 6)
Bright Green (BrickLink color ID: 36)
Medium Green (BrickLink color ID: 37)
Light Green (BrickLink color ID: 38)
Sand Green (BrickLink color ID: 48)
Trans-Neon Green (BrickLink color ID: 16)
Trans-Bright Green (BrickLink color ID: 108)
Trans-Light Green (BrickLink color ID: 221)
Trans-Light Bright Green (BrickLink color ID: 226)
Trans-Green (BrickLink color ID: 20)
Chrome Green (BrickLink color ID: 64)
Satin Trans-Bright Green (BrickLink color ID: 233)
Glitter Trans-Neon Green (BrickLink color ID: 163)
Mx Lemon (BrickLink color ID: 139)
Mx Pastel Green (BrickLink color ID: 141)
Mx Olive Green (BrickLink color ID: 140)
Mx Foil Dark Green (BrickLink color ID: 212)
Mx Foil Light Green (BrickLink color ID: 213)
Dark Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 161)
Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 3)
Light Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 33)
Bright Light Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 103)
Neon Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 236)
Trans-Neon Yellow (BrickLink color ID:  121)
Trans-Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 19)
Mx Light Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 137)
Mx Ochre Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 138)
Mx Lemon (BrickLink color ID: 139)
Mx Foil Yellow (BrickLink color ID: 218)

Here is the overall Bricklink Color Guide.

• The letter mod may be upper or lowercase. The letter can be rotated but not mirrored. It must be clearly identifiable as the particular letter. It may be written on a piece of paper or sticker, drawn directly onto a brick, printed onto a piece, or built from pieces and even integrated into the set.

• The letter mod may exist as a printed LEGO piece, but it must clearly be that letter. Expressions on a minifigure face or folds in clothing on minifigure torsos are not letters.

• Mod elements must be physically present. They cannot be digitally added in post-production.

• Minifigure parts such as a yellow torso attached to green legs count as the color mod.

• Baseplates also count as part of a color mod.

• You do not need to include the mod elements in the title or credits.

Check out Chris W.’s video about mod elements: https://youtu.be/YKO2McX25jY

https://i.imgur.com/Sn0YwYy.png

Entries will be judged on criteria including originality, production value (animation, set design, cinematography, sound, etc.), story, and creative interpretation of the theme. Films will be discussed and ranked by the judges until a consensus is reached. The top three films will be eligible for the prize pool. Entries below 10th place will not be publicly ranked.
The judges this year are:

https://i.imgur.com/FaXL16y.png
Penta
Penta is a Bricks in Motion administrator and runs the BrickFilms Wiki. He is well known for his History of Brickfilms series and Benny n’ Lee, and co-hosts the World of Brickfilms Podcast. Last year, Penta released the highly anticipated Taco Trouble 2.

https://i.imgur.com/d0AQNiX.png
BertL
BertL is a long-standing member of the Brickfilming community, and took part in the very first THAC in 2005 with his entry Onorno. It is largely thanks to his major contributions to the Brickfilm Archival Project, that many Brickfilms from the early to late 2000s remain seen.

https://i.imgur.com/VHacEf2.png
Forlorn Creature
Thomas is most well-known for his various Minecraft-based Brickfilms, including his Minecraft Creepers series, and his SCP series. He also came 1st place in THAC 3 times with the films Le Special, Fried Circuit, and (Never) Meant to Be.

https://i.imgur.com/klcsj7N.png
JOCo
JOCo is well-known for his highly energetic, ambitious Johnny Thunder series and has a recent series of high placing entries, including last THAC’s 3rd place winning entry Johnny Thunder and the Orb of Wakto, BRAWL 2021’s 2nd place winning entry Johnny Thunder & the Heart of Faber’s Peak, and most recently, the 5th place ManiFest entry A Question Before The Board.

https://i.imgur.com/crBd9m5.jpg
Chris W.
Chris is a Bricks in Motion administrator and has been hosting BRAWL since 2018. He also came 1st place in THAC VX in 2018, along with Rob Bauer and Lucas Mass, in their collaboration The Exquisite Corpse.

https://i.imgur.com/qryqaJj.png
LOTW Studios
LOTW Studios is the current host of THAC and host of the World of Brickfilms Podcast. He is most known for his App Man series and came 1st place in BRAWL 2021, with his entry The Tracker Tracked.

https://i.imgur.com/PsolE2T.png

The LEGO Group via the LEGO® Ambassador Network, are very generously providing us with the prizes. A huge thank you goes out to them! The 1st place winner will have the choice to pick out of the 3, followed by the 2nd place winner, who chooses between the 2 remaining prizes, with the 3rd receiving the remaining prize.

Please note that there is the possibility of supply shortages with sets, but the prizes we are offering are:

https://i.imgur.com/OSBD5za.png
LEGO Ideas Set 21318 Tree House | The City of Lanterns 80036: Monkie Kid | Wildlife Rescue Camp 60307 | LEGO City

https://i.imgur.com/2m61bfX.png

If you have any questions, please contribute to the discussion below, or message me or one of the other judges on the Bricks in Motion Discord!

Feel free to post updates in this thread, post on the #thac-discussion channel on the Bricks in Motion discord, and post about your progress on social media, with the hashtag #THAC2022.
Best of luck!

Last edited by Penta (January 11, 2022 (12:08pm))

Re: THAC 2022 is Over!

LET'S DO THIS!

what

LET'S GOOOO

here we go mini/bigsmile

YO, IT'S TIME!

nice. Still working in my head.

Tégy meg egy gyors szívességet és masszírozd meg a lábam. fizetek öt dollárt.

YESSSSS!!!! LETS GO!!!

Pain scale:
mini/smile no pain
mini/blankexpression hurts
mini/sad hurts even more
mini/troll THAC

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Can’t wait to get started! I am a little busy today but I would love to enter this years THAC. mini/smile

Wooo!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Submitted!

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Done! *Whew*

Two hours remain!

We've been getting some messages that people have not gotten confirmation via email about their entries. If you've submitted a film and have received no email response within 30 minutes, send a message to LOTW or me. We're reviewing your films, but there's some email issues.

You can also check the list of approved entries in LOTW's post at the top of this page.

A lot of entrants have reported that they haven't received confirmation emails from us, once their films have been reviewed. For whatever reason, they're not sending. If you have submitted your entry and don't hear anything from us for a while, feel free to DM me on Discord and I should be able to confirm.

Not sure if mine works, had to cut 9/10s of it due to time issues. Hopefully..

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Well done to everyone who managed to submit - Good luck! mini/sunnies

Great job everyone! This was the first THAC we have ever done, and it was pretty hectic, but fun too!

THAC 2022 IS NOW OVER!!! 

A massive thank you to everyone who took part! We managed to just beat last year's number of entries, making this the biggest THAC EVER with almost 120 entries in total! Check out the YouTube PLAYLIST here (note that some entries have yet to be made public, but we will be updating the playlist accordingly): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … fvDR1fStpS

Awe yeah! I love binging THAC entries.

We have just finished reviewing all qualifying entries, making our total number of accepted entries 120!