Re: The Story of Scout - Production Log

I have re-written the script and now will have to get some more vos. mini/blankexpression
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1myD … sp=sharing

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Hey man, I can't really work out the PM thing, is it OK if I post my comments here?

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Puskov wrote:

Hey man, I can't really work out the PM thing, is it OK if I post my comments here?

That's fine! I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you can't post your comments here. Here is the best place!

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Thanks! So I read the updated script, and it's looking awesome. You fixed all the typos that I saw, but stands to reason that since you added and refined a whole lot since the prevopus version, a couple more might pop up, but let me assure you that doesn't at all detract from the story. On a sidenote, however, the way I look for typos is after I've read something, I have Microsoft David read it out loud, because the computer catches a lot more mistakes than I do. Anyway, the story going great, and I really love the added touch of the man having a money pouch around his neck, I don't believe I've seen that before in a brickfilm. It'll be really interesting to see how you do it in the film (so please don't tell me before I watch it!). I'm also excited to see the man pull a gun out, and you've definitely improved the tension in the script. There were to slight things that just stood out to me as a little unnecessary, but not really doing anything negative to the script. One of them was the use of the adjective "blood" red, when describing the man's handkerchief. This is just a ridiculously small nitpick of mine, so feel free to pay no attention. The other thing was one page 3 when the Eskimo man whispers to Scout "Run Scout, run as fast as your little legs can carry you!". The use of "little" seemed odd to me, it could just be me, but by itself, the sentence feels like the Eskimo man is being condescending and humourous to his dog, which is a little jarring in the desperate situation the sentence is in. Over all, though, the script is 100% worthy of being made into a brickfilm, and being enjoyable to view. Keep up the good work man!

Sincerely,

Puskov

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"

Puskov wrote:

Thanks! So I read the updated script, and it's looking awesome. You fixed all the typos that I saw, but stands to reason that since you added and refined a whole lot since the prevopus version, a couple more might pop up, but let me assure you that doesn't at all detract from the story. On a sidenote, however, the way I look for typos is after I've read something, I have Microsoft David read it out loud, because the computer catches a lot more mistakes than I do. Anyway, the story going great, and I really love the added touch of the man having a money pouch around his neck, I don't believe I've seen that before in a brickfilm. It'll be really interesting to see how you do it in the film (so please don't tell me before I watch it!). I'm also excited to see the man pull a gun out, and you've definitely improved the tension in the script. There were to slight things that just stood out to me as a little unnecessary, but not really doing anything negative to the script. One of them was the use of the adjective "blood" red, when describing the man's handkerchief. This is just a ridiculously small nitpick of mine, so feel free to pay no attention. The other thing was one page 3 when the Eskimo man whispers to Scout "Run Scout, run as fast as your little legs can carry you!". The use of "little" seemed odd to me, it could just be me, but by itself, the sentence feels like the Eskimo man is being condescending and humourous to his dog, which is a little jarring in the desperate situation the sentence is in. Over all, though, the script is 100% worthy of being made into a brickfilm, and being enjoyable to view. Keep up the good work man!

Sincerely,

Puskov

Thank you! I will be removing the 'little' in that one sentence.
Thanks again!

Sure thing, keep up the good work!

Hey guys! Just wanted you all to know, after BRAWL and a video I need to edit is complete, I will be resuming production on The Story of Scout! Stay tuned!

2x4 studios wrote:

Hey guys! Just wanted you all to know, after BRAWL and a video I need to edit is complete, I will be resuming production on The Story of Scout! Stay tuned!

Yayyyy

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

Great!

BRAWL is over, and I have a new brickfilm to show you guys: The First Letter - BRAWL 2021
See anything familiar? mini/wink

Also, who thinks I should finish The Story of Scout for the Summer Contest? It is not a really specific theme and I put a lot of time into the lighting and sets in The Story of Scout. what do you think?

Last edited by Owen Garcia (July 12, 2021 (06:50am))

I think you should only do it if the you think it will all still match and flow well.

Helix Bricks Productions wrote:

I think you should only do it if the you think it will all still match and flow well.

I don't think I'll enter it in the summer contest because it's not a really experimental film. Maybe I can do something else or maybe I can work on The Story of Scout.

That's probably for the best.

ITS UPDATE TIME! mini/bigsmile
After THAC I decided to get back to work on The Story of Scout so here's a few updates!

I have made some slight updates to the main set, so here they are!
https://imgur.com/a/FI3beaN
I added some thawing snow to the roofs and icicles.

I also built the set for the interior scene!
https://imgur.com/a/qq1jAZm
It's a small one room house. I have the small flashlight with yellow paper over the bulb to simulate an interior light.

I also changed the script so Scout and his owner's house is an igloo.
Now I'll build the igloo and some micro building for the background. Then I have to get some VOs.

That's all for now but stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited by Owen Garcia (January 16, 2022 (03:03pm))

Let's go!

Set's look great!

Here is an animation test I did because I want to have the icicles on the houses dripping in the final film.
What drip do you guys think is best? 1, 2, or 3?
https://vimeo.com/668943442

Puskov wrote:

Set's look great!

Thanks!

2x4 studios wrote:

Here is an animation test I did because I want to have the icicles on the houses dripping in the final film.
What drip do you guys think is best? 1, 2, or 3?
https://vimeo.com/668943442

Puskov wrote:

Set's look great!

Thanks!

The first one, slower looks better, it’s really well done!