Topic: PC with full hard drive

I can't export, import, or download anything on my desktop because the 1TB internal hard drive is full. I tried to move a bunch of my videos and pictures onto a 2TB external hard drive, but I got some sort of error. I'll need input on what the problem with that is the next time I try to move stuff. (I'll give more info on that then) In the meantime, does anyone have other suggestions on how to free up space?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Re: PC with full hard drive

First of all, are you on Windows or Mac? I have no Mac experience, but if you’re on Windows, you could delete your recovery partition and add that volume to your primary partition. This will only free up a handful of space however. Could you give a little more detail on this error? That seems very abnormal.

Last edited by Brickman (January 13, 2021 (06:50am))

Brickman wrote:

First of all, are you on Windows or Mac? I have no Mac experience, but if you’re on Windows, you could delete your recovery partition and adding that volume to your primary partition. This will only free up a handful of space however. Could you give a little more details on this error? That seems very abnormal.

It's an HP desktop running Windows 10. I should have specified, but guess I assumed "PC" would be enough. I'm not currently using that computer and therefore can't give details yet, but I will soon when I try to move stuff again.

It doesn't seem like it does much good to post about it if you don't have access to the computer. 
Without knowing the specific error or what's taking up your space, I don't think there's much anyone can do to help you here.

JonnDthunDer wrote:

It doesn't seem like it does much good to post about it if you don't have access to the computer. 
Without knowing the specific error or what's taking up your space, I don't think there's much anyone can do to help you here.

Yeah, sorry about that, I guess I made the post too early. I'll give some details later that should help you guys help me, and if nobody knows what to do after that, I'll stop asking. mini/smile

I've managed to fix the problem, a bunch of stuff is moved onto an external hard drive. Guess this post was pointless. mini/blankexpression