Re: The best lenses for your DSLR

geppy wrote:

Just because AI is newer than F / non-AI?

I have a D3500, and my (very confused) understanding is that either AI or F lenses should be fine.

both AI and non-AI lenses are F mount, the AI goes to f22 which gives you more flexibility, you likely won't shoot at f22 but an f22 lens will take better photos in the higher f-stop range than an f16 lens.

Last edited by SlothPaladin (October 19, 2019 (01:32am))

Hi everyone/anyone!

I am looking to find a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5. I was wondering if it will be compatible with my Nikon COOLPIX P7000? Any help would be great mini/smile

I don’t want to have to go through any eBay returns or it’ll delay my film!

Thank you!
-Jedindy

Jedindy wrote:

Hi everyone/anyone!

I am looking to find a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5. I was wondering if it will be compatible with my Nikon COOLPIX P7000? Any help would be great mini/smile

I don’t want to have to go through any eBay returns or it’ll delay my film!

Thank you!
-Jedindy

Hi, Unfortunately you cannot change the lens on a p7000, so the nikkor lenses won't work.
The best you can do for that camera is to get something like the 'Bower 58mm Adapter Tube for Nikon COOLPIX P7000 / P7100 Digital Cameras', that will allow you to attach filters like macro/close up, polarizer, fish eye, and telephoto adapters.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Ah, I see! I appreciate the info, it’s helpful! Thanks

I have a Canon EOS 800D (a.k.a. Rebel T7i). It there anything with a slow aperture and close minimum focal distance that's compatible with my camera? Like some sort of macro lense or something?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting back to stop-motion, and specifically brickfilming in the new year, and I'm looking at kitting out my Canon 7D with some more lenses. I've been reading all of the suggestions, and well there's a great many ways I could go by what it seams.

To put in context, I currently have a Canon 50mm and 18mm - 135mm lens, as well as a set of extension tubes on the way. The lenses have served me ok so far, in my videography endeavors, but I've really been craving getting back into macro and brickfilming, something I've missed ever since my Nikon D7000 was stolen a few years back mini/sad

I think the extension tubes will be a long overdue addition to my current kit, something I don't know why I didn't get earlier tbh. Basically in short, I received a $50 (AUD) ebay voucher for Christmas, that I'm going to put towards a new lens. I have some additional budget to spend as well as this, but ideally not too much. If I do go down the track of getting vintage Nikkor lenses, I will need an adapter too, and whilst cheap-ish, Australian prices do appear slightly inflated by comparison. Are there any vintage Canon alternatives that could help bypass this cost? I haven't found anything, but I can't say I've done comprehensive research. Conversely, are there any newer lenses since these initial recommendations that may work out more budget friendly?

TL;DR: Recommend a lens for Canon 7D, budget roughly $150 AUD.

Edit: I dug up some vintage sr mount lenses that I forgot I had on hand, going to find an adapter for them and test out their quality. Will give feedback on them, as being less known manufacturers, they seam very well priced for a budget. Minolta, kobana, and tokina brands. Still open for suggestions of other lenses I should look into, but I think I know where this ebay gift card is going. mini/smile

Last edited by Kieren Barnett (December 27, 2020 (03:38am))

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.