Topic: Bricks in Motion 2020 User Survey

Hey all!

It’s the end of the year so I’m interested in your opinions!

Below is a link to a survey about the site and community that I’d love for you to fill out. Old members and new members are encouraged to participate in this survey. It will influence the future of Bricks in Motion, so please be truthful with your answers!

Here's the link to the survey.

It's six pages, mainly multiple choice, so it might take you 30 minutes or less to complete. Please don't let this scare you, they're simple answers and will help shape the community in the future.

I also encourage you to post below what your favorite part about Bricks in Motion is. Why you’re here, essentially. Let’s start a discussion!

I look forward to participating in THAC with all of you in January, and until then, Merry Christmas and have a happy new year!

-rioforce

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Bricks in Motion 2020 User Survey

I took the survey

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

A lack of "n/a" or "never" options hamstrung a few of the responses. I did my best to explain my choices in "fill in the blank" sections.

Something I forgot to include in the survey - I think it's a bit convoluted you have to click on the Forums link and scroll allllll the way down to get to a Discord link. I think Discord is important enough to be featured on the main bar. Though I could see the justification on hiding it slightly so we avoid too much of an influx of randos.

I took it.  I agree with Nathan, it would have been nice to have a "N/A".  Other than that, it was good. mini/bigsmile

Completed, thanks for putting this together.  I hope you find my responses to be, like me, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD IDEAS

I also very much agree with Nathan's comment about the Discord link.  That should probably be more present and easier to find - especially given how common and essential Discord seems to be for most types of communities at this point (particularly within creative interests).

I completed the survey.
Considering the Discord thing, didn't we used to have a link by the social media icons?

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Took the survey. I hope it helps. I love this place and like the updates it's been getting.

I took the survey, and one of the scale-from-one-to-ten questions that was about the discord said, "I live for the forums" at ten instead of "I live for the discord." Also, it might be a good idea to go into the form settings, limit people to one response, and give people the ability to edit their submissions.

rioforce wrote:

I also encourage you to post below what your favorite part about Bricks in Motion is. Why you’re here, essentially. Let’s start a discussion!

The YouTube algorithm doesn't really give me views from other brickfilmers. If it wasn't for this community, I would have no way of getting feedback from people who know about brickfilming. Never lose sight of the fact that what makes BiM what it is, isn't the cool website aesthetic, or the site's popularity, but the community helping each other improve at their craft.

Last edited by Bros with da Legos (December 9, 2020 (08:48am))

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17