Topic: Holly Jolly Brickmas 2020 - The 4th Annual Christmas Collaboration!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/759064357333893121/771483924794310746/HollyJollyBrickmas2020Logo_White.png?width=2014&height=1133

Introducing ... Holly Jolly Brickmas 2020!

Sure, it’s still October (barely!), but if there’s one thing we’ve learned in the past three years of brickfilm Christmas collaborations, it’s that time flies the moment the snow falls.

This year, we – Slotborg, Chris @ GBP, and SuitedNinjaNerd Studios – are proud to announce Holly Jolly Brickmas 2020, the 4th annual brickfilm Christmas collaboration! Continuing in the spirit of A Brickfilm Christmas, The 25 Brickfilms of Christmas, and Brickfilm Christmas Collab 2019, this event is open to all brickfilmers who want to add their own holiday-themed brickfilm to the mix.

In previous years, we have had a theme and format for everyone’s films to match. This year, in the interests of making the collaboration as open as possible, we’ve decided to make this an open collaboration in the spirit of Brickfilm Day, Quarantine Daze, and other playlist-centric events.

How To Enter:

To enter, make a brickfilm that meets the following criteria:

• Your film must revolve around some sort of holiday theme.
    Films must consist of primarily LEGO (or similar building block toy) animation. Stop-motion, CGI, hand drawn, and experimental animation are all acceptable. Films may include other forms of media but must be primarily animated.
    No mature or explicit content is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: swearing, excessive gore, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references.
    Films must consist of at least 20 seconds of animation.

Currently, we are aiming for releasing all films into playlists from December 22st to December 24th, with an event recap on December 25th to close off the event. We hope that by announcing the event in October, we can give you all of November and most of December to finish your brickfilm!

Links:

If you’re interested, please fill out this Google Form so we can prepare for your entry. If you want to meet up with other collaboration participants, ask for help, and reference past events, check out the event Discord server.

We hope you can join us and make this year the best brickfilm Christmas collaboration yet!

Re: Holly Jolly Brickmas 2020 - The 4th Annual Christmas Collaboration!

Whoo! My favorite time of year!

It's the most wonderful time of the year..... mini/sunnies

We'll enter for sure!

Last edited by The Brick Masters (November 5, 2020 (07:10am))

Check out our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoWI8C … NQMjabVkWg

https://bricksinmotion.com/images/signature.png
The Brick Masters,

Now this, is going to be fun. mini/lol

Last edited by Bros with da Legos (November 5, 2020 (07:06am))

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Sweet! Hoping to do it!

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

I will try my best to get a video done (might be a little short) I am looking forward to it!

chris@gbp wrote:

*snip*

nvmd, just realized its a collab lol

Last edited by rioforce (November 8, 2020 (10:16am))

1 Peter 4:10 ESV
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace"
SUB TO MY YT! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxgqta … 4tGjvNNDA/
Formerly Giraffeboy329

Looking foward to entering!

Can't wait to enter

I’m in! When’s the latest you’re accepting submissions?

how old do you have to be to enter?

Simon Z wrote:

In order to participate in events facilitated on Discord or Bricks in Motion, you have to be 13+.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

thank you! much obliged!

rioforce wrote:
Simon Z wrote:

In order to participate in events facilitated on Discord or Bricks in Motion, you have to be 13+.

This looks fun, hopefully, I make it in

None

Im ready

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

Looks cool! I think I’ll be entering...

I move plastic in front of a camera for fun

When we upload our videos how do you guys know, do we have to put something in our description?

When I filled out the google form I put in the idea I had for the video but since then I changed my mind is that ok?

LandiiBrickFilms wrote:

I’m in! When’s the latest you’re accepting submissions?

We don't have an official deadline just yet but come the beginning of December stay tuned for more updates.

Andrew Drozd wrote:

When we upload our videos how do you guys know, do we have to put something in our description?

When I filled out the google form I put in the idea I had for the video but since then I changed my mind is that ok?

when you finish your video send the link to either myself, Chris@GBP, or SuitedNinjaNerd Studios.

And that's fine it doesn't really matter.

HOLLY JOLLY BRICKMAS 2020 - UPDATE #1

Hello, Holly Jolly Christmas participants!

First off, I'd like to thank you all for your patience as we've been organizing this collaboration. With December kicking into gear really quickly, we figured now's a good time for a check-in! Many of you have requested email updates as well as Discord updates, so you've been added to an email list. If you prefer not to receive emails, please let me know.

Second, I hope your brickfilms are going well so far! We've had a few questions about the format of the event, so I'd like to quickly clarify a few things:

• We're planning to schedule releases of the films from December 22nd to December 24th (3 days of releases), with an event recap/highlight reel releasing on December 25th.

• You will be uploading your film to your YouTube channel as a Scheduled Release (or Premiere Release, if you like), the day and time you release it will be according to a time slot that we event coordinators arrange with you ahead of time. All of the films made will be added to an event playlist when they release.

• The latest that we will accept submissions is December 21st. If this deadline becomes a challenge for you, please talk to me, Slotborg, or Trevor. We'll work out a plan.

• If your video idea has changed since you filled out the Google Form, join the club (I've changed my idea at least three or four times already!) and don't worry. Your film can be whatever you want, as long as it's appropriate and Christmas themed (see the forum post for our rules)

Third, we'll be scheduling several more check-ins to make sure you all are doing alright and progressing! This is the first one, we'll have another check-in on December 1st to make sure all is well. And to reiterate, if you have any questions at all, please talk to me, Slotborg, or Trevor on Discord. You can also reply on the forums or a reply email to me.

Fourth (forums only), please be sure to subscribe to this topic so you are notified of any discussions and update reports that take place here.

Finally, we want to encourage you to reach out to the other animators in the collaboration! If you need help with voices, lighting, VFX, what have you, please do not hesitate to ask your fellow brickfilmers. This ain't a contest, there's no prizes, just a good ol' fashioned collaboration where, in the words of High School Musical, we're all in this together.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, and we look forward to hearing more from you as the event goes on!