Topic: Best way to animate clapping

Hello! So I need to animate a crowd clapping, what do you think is the best way to do this? How do you animate clapping?

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Re: Best way to animate clapping

Oh man... for a crowd? Seems tricky, but doable.

I've seen clapping done with out of socket animation on minifigs before. I can't think of any specific examples, though. You just have to be careful to hide the sticky tac.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

Oh man... for a crowd? Seems tricky, but doable.

I've seen clapping done with out of socket animation on minifigs before. I can't think of any specific examples, though. You just have to be careful to hide the sticky tac.

Yeah, I thought about doing it with their arms just going up and down in socket, but I think to make it look good I'll do the out of socket. It is a birds eye view shot so hopefully you wont be able to notice the sticky tac too much. Fingers crossed. mini/smile

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I used out of socket clapping for a brief shot in Heir to the Kingdom. The guy was in the background and out of focus so the white sticky tac on his white arms wasn't noticeable. If you haven't started animating it yet, maybe that could give you an idea of what it might look like?

PaoloMura wrote:

I used out of socket clapping for a brief shot in Heir to the Kingdom. The guy was in the background and out of focus so the white sticky tac on his white arms wasn't noticeable. If you haven't started animating it yet, maybe that could give you an idea of what it might look like?

The clapping will be seen is a couple shots so Ill try that for one of them, thanks!