Re: [Production Log] The Last Mecha

When I said there would be more updates this month, I didn't think it would be this much or this soon. But here we are:

Watch The Last Mecha: Teaser Trailer on YouTube!

What I thought were three weeks of SFX work I had been putting off turned out to be just three focused days. As a result the teaser trailer is now live. The film will release a short week later on October 16.

Brick Block Animations ended up tackling the soundtrack and did a fantastic job. No music features in the teaser trailer unfortunately, but you'll hear his work soon enough.

BertL wrote:

Ooh, I completely missed the previous updates. Looks like a great project, loving the set design. The mecha figures look terrific as well.

Thank you! And thanks to everyone who showed interest and support. I hope the film will meet your expectations. See you all in a week!

mysteriouspi wrote:

What I thought were three weeks of SFX work I had been putting off turned out to be just three focused days. As a result the teaser trailer is now live. The film will release a short week later on October 16.

Cool teaser, looking forward to the release later this week.  Regarding the work being a lot less intensive than you expected: hah, we've all been there! Once you get into a groove you can get a lot more done than you think.

Cool!
It's always fun to see animators use bigger, brick-built models.
That mech's arms and legs have a delightfully blocky and armored feel to them. Great use of the round plates to give it extra texture!
I'm excited for the film.

Can't believe I forgot to post here a couple days ago, but here's the final update: The Last Mecha is now live!

YouTube, BiM film directory, releases forum post for discussion

Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement, suggestions, and help! It was a fun time actually communicating progress on one of my films. In retrospect I would have liked to post more often to share more details, but there will be opportunities for that in the future. See you all next time!