Re: BRAWL 2020

Chris W. wrote:

3 more days!

Ikr!! I'm sooo excited mini/delirium

Just a warning. If you live in a time-zone that is not BST (British Standard Time), the contest will start and end at a different time than what is stated in the contest announcement. So in EST (Eastern Standard Time) the contest will start at 7:00 P.M. on June 19th and end at 7:00 P.M. on June 26th.

Just thought I'd remind people to check their time-zone so that they don't miss the beginning of the contest (or the deadline).

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

of course i now find out i gotta work during the contest. frick

I am not the one.

IMPORTANT CORRECTION:

Well this is awkward. In the original announcement post, I mistakenly put the start time as June 20th at 00:00 British Standard Time (BST), meaning that would start in the evening on Friday the 19th in the US. In years past it's always been 7PM EDT on Saturday for me, and that's what I put in both in the overview video and the countdown timer. I forgot to shift the date to BST in the announcement post here on BiM.

So to correct the original post, BRAWL 2020 will start on June 21st, at 00:00 BST (alternatively, it would be June 20th at 7PM EDT). I have amended the original post, and I apologize for the confusion and frustration this may have caused.

Thank you BrickAnimator724 for getting me to realize this error.

What the heck is 00:00? mini/confused

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

This will be my first brawl:D

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

2x4 studios wrote:

What the heck is 00:00? mini/confused

It means midnight on a 24-hour clock.

BCStrike wrote:

Same! mini/bigsmile

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:
BCStrike wrote:

Same! mini/bigsmile

me too., ive done THAC once and the Easter thing twice.

I am not the one.

Ayyyy!! Im new here, but i think i may know quite a few chums who are actually registered! cant wait to do my first brawl.

I want to voice act! My best are Lando Calrissian, Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Captain America so far! Ive also done many others...

JadeDragonFilms wrote:

Ayyyy!! Im new here, but i think i may know quite a few chums who are actually registered! cant wait to do my first brawl.

Welcome!!! mini/bigsmile

why does it start in the night??? mini/confused
why cant it start in the morning?

Yeah, then we wouldn’t actually have a week?

I move plastic in front of a camera for fun

Everyone is in a different time zone, midnight BST is a good middle ground. It would be impossible to accommodate everyone's time zone.

Everyone will still have the full week to complete their entries.

Willow Tree wrote:

Everyone is in a different time zone, midnight BST is a good middle ground. It would be impossible to accommodate everyone's time zone.

Everyone will still have the full week to complete their entries.

Yeah, some time zones (in this case) are better then others. I will still be awake when BRAWL starts, because it's only 5:00 for me. Thanks Willow Tree! mini/smile

Will something similar to this be considered "excessive/gory violence" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMNY45K7A1k&t=130s (fight starts 1:10)

None

Rapture187 wrote:

Will something similar to this be considered "excessive/gory violence" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMNY45K7A1k&t=130s (fight starts 1:10)

Something similar to that scene should be fine, keep any violence at a PG-13 level. The violence in that scene is more over-the-top and cartoony than gory.

If you have any questions during BRAWL or want approval on certain shots or scenes in your entry, just message me.

I didn't understand where are we going to sumbit our entries. And where are the theme and the mods going to be announced. Lastly,is there any clock I can rely on to be sure when it starts?

StopMotionBbros wrote:

I didn't understand where are we going to sumbit our entries. And where are the theme and the mods going to be announced. Lastly,is there any clock I can rely on to be sure when it starts?

You can find the countdown here: https://countingdownto.com/?c=3035268

In the Youtube channel of Bricks In Motion there is a video that will premiere giving all the details of the contest, theme, MOD ect.
And I'm sure that information will also be given in the home page.

Although I'm not sure where you're meant to post your entry  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GabyTales Studios wrote:
StopMotionBbros wrote:

You can find the countdown here: https://countingdownto.com/?c=3035268

In the Youtube channel of Bricks In Motion there is a video that will premiere giving all the details of the contest, theme, MOD ect.
And I'm sure that information will also be given in the home page.

Although I'm not sure where you're meant to post your entry  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For THAC, we had to send unlisted YouTube links to an email that was announced at the start of the contest in the same post as the mods and theme. I'm assuming BRAWL works the same way.

Spoiler (click to read)

Probably something like, "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" or "[email protected]"

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17