Re: EASTER 2020 Contest IS OVER!

i have, and it was on google drive.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Good point, I misunderstood the question. I was thinking of this line.

As with last year, your entries may be public or unlisted when submitted.

Yes, you can upload it whenever you want. For that matter, 2x4 has already submitted and released his film.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

ok. thanks

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Good point, I misunderstood the question. I was thinking of this line.

As with last year, your entries may be public or unlisted when submitted.

Yes, you can upload it whenever you want. For that matter, 2x4 has already submitted and released his film.

Last edited by brickbro (April 1, 2020 (07:45pm))

I am not the one.

I'm brazilian, can i participate?  And how do I send the videos to compete?  How do I receive the awards, if I live in Brazil?
I am 17 years old

Filiphe wrote:

I'm brazilian, can i participate?  And how do I send the videos to compete?  How do I receive the awards, if I live in Brazil?
I am 17 years old.

I dont know if you can compete. You probably can, but I would wait for Pritchard Studios to reply> mini/smile

megamovieman wrote:
Filiphe wrote:

I am 17 years old.

I dont know if you can compete. You probably can, but I would wait for Pritchard Studios to reply> mini/smile

thank you, I will wait.

Pritchard Studios  I'm brazilian, can i participate?  And how
do I send the videos to compete?  How do I receive the awards, if I live in Brazil?
I am 17 years old.o_0

Filiphe wrote:

Pritchard Studios  I'm brazilian, can i participate?  And how
do I send the videos to compete?  How do I receive the awards, if I live in Brazil?
I am 17 years old.o_0

Welcome to Bricks in Motion, Filiphe! I'm glad you're excited about the contest, however, please try not to double post. Pritchard will answer your question as soon as he can.

I'm not entirely sure about international shipping for this contest, but you can definitely still participate. You just send your video link to the email listed in the announcement post, located on the first page of this thread, before the deadline. You also need to submit your film to the releases forum: https://www.bricksinmotion.com/films/

So I have to use 10 Lego pieces or less and it should be about easter right.

Filiphe,

You absolutely can participate! Welcome to the forums, by the way.
As Willow Tree said, you'll find all the submission details and the email link on the first post in this thread.

International shipping is a good question. Sadly, that's not something that can happen right now with this particular contest. If you win, we can discuss details about getting you some sort of prize, but I'm afraid shipping this prize to you isn't something we can do this contest. 

BrickHario,
Yes, that's the basic idea. Just watch out, if you're using any CG effects those count to.

So excited for this!

We just passed the 10th accepted entry!

Don't forget, you still have 4 days left to ask any more crazy questions finish and submit your films!

That's plenty of time if you're on the fence about entering. Come join in the fun!

I gave up on entering this because I just couldn’t really think of anything but I think I’m going to try and whip something up in these final days.

Looks like I’m next in line for crazy questions. mini/tongue Could my background be digital? I’d like to have an EXTREMELY wide background image of different locations pan throughout the course of the film. Would this be acceptable?

Hmm...let me see what you're asking.
You have a gigantic image, a single image, that happens to have several locations contained on it.
You are wanting to green-screen that image in, and show, say, 25% of the image in one shot, then 25% in the next, and so on, giving the illusion of completely different backgrounds, but all with one "element?"

That's smart. And sneaky.

Technically, the greenscreen (cloth, paper, whatever) counts as one, and the image one. So that's two bricks down.
Keep in mind, the spirit is an animation contest, not a special effects extravaganza, but there's nothing against that in the rules.

Ah, forgot about the green screen. Thankfully though, my foreground object will be stagnant throughout the film, with different prices on that object being the movement in the video, so I can actually just mask it and won’t have to track it.

Last edited by Brickman (April 8, 2020 (05:05pm))

Since you love answering crazy questions so much: What about element(s) that are just used to throw a shadow but are not seen themselves in the picture. Do they count towards the 10 brick limit?

mini/sunnies

PunBB bbcode test

The on-screen shadow would count. mini/wink

I was just thinking about that last night.

Alrighty!
24 hours to go!

As a bonus to help with last-minute motivation, here are the prize minifigures!

https://i.imgur.com/YR7c6EX.jpg

Those are custom printed heads and torsos, all 100% Lego elements.
Aren't they awesome?

Magnificent!

those are so cool

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.