Re: EASTER 2020 Contest IS OVER!

Oh man, this looks great. I'm excited.

I do have a question, though.

Are minifigure parts allowed if they aren't constructed as a minifig? i.e. random legs/hands/heads in the film? Is this a limit on using minifig parts as characters, or just full minifigs?

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Yes; you can use the same bricks in different ways in different shots, as long as you only make use of 10 bricks total within the film.

I would suggest checking out the entries to the 2004 10 Brick Contest on the wiki page for some existing reference material.

Yes. i am quoting pritchard. so yes rio

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Heads-up! The topic has been updated with an FAQ and some clarifications. Thank you to everybody for asking such sneaky great questions.

Don't forget, the Rule Video will answer some questions, so try watching that and looking over the updated FAQs if you have some doubts. If they don't answer it, feel free to ask and I'll clear things up.

Also, please keep in mind the intent of this contest.
The intent is for a contest that is very minimalistic, with hardly any elements at all. With that intention, it's obvious letting folks have a Lego car drive through their garage/attic and just use real world environments doesn't quite match. Hence, the reason the original was more a "10 elements" contest. I've tweaked a few small things, but am trying to stay true to the intent of the old one as much as I can. Hence, you can't have fifty rocks, you can't use CG environments to simulate 1,000 brick buildings, and honestly, you shouldn't use 7/10 of your "bricks" on non-Lego things to fill in your sets!
Think of this as minimalist brickfilming.
Yep, it's gunna be a challenge. Embrace it. Enjoy it.
Leverage it in your favor.

In the mad scramble to clarify rules and find loopholes, don't forget the intent of the rules and the spirit of the contest.

Sorry guys. Can't enter. I am still working on my VERY late THAC entry. mini/eek mini/rolleyes I know right??

Do you mean 2020? It says 2019

Thebrickbro is right.

https://i.imgur.com/vOrZFuT.jpg

Fixed.
I mean, its obviously 2020 guys, but yeah, I just fixed there.
It only says 2020  literally everywhere else. mini/wink

Can we use paper cut out backgrounds?

I am not the one.

brickbro wrote:

Can we use paper cut out backgrounds?

In the video, it said backgrounds not made of LEGO, so I would guess that would be okay.:)

Per the rules, you get one "non-lego" background thing. However, if you have a blue sky, then a cut-out green piece of paper in front for mountains, then green counts as a piece. You get only one background thingy.

this is awesome!!!:D

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

casting calls thread for easter bricksinmotion.com/forums/topic/27050/e … ing-calls/

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Man, I didn't think I'd do any contests but THAC and BRAWL this year, but you got my interest with those crazy limitations. If I think of something and have enough time to put it together, I may have to enter anyway.

one little question, would a brick rig to hold up something for 5 frames, count as a brick or not?... I know stupid question

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

A few questions:
1. Do brick-built rigs count toward the 10 bricks limit if they're erased in post?
2. Do the lines count as bricks if you draw on the frame on a computer (for example, drawing in eyebrows)?
3. Do other figures count (like duplo figures)?

Thanks.

Last edited by BrickAnimator724 (March 29, 2020 (09:13am))

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Toad - A brick rig would count, yes. If I see it, it counts. But, if you happened to mask it out completely, then I couldn't see it. mini/wink

BrickAnimator -
1 - Nope. That's fine.
2- "Per the original contest rules, even effects like flying sparks would count as an "element/brick." (So, a puff of CGI steam would count as 1 "brick.")" So yes, draw one eyebrow, that's one "brick." Draw two, and that's two "bricks."
3- I'd rather you didn't. The rules only explicitly call out minifigures, and I'd include minidolls with that, but as for "bigfigs" and Dulpo figures, the rules didn't specify this year. You're free to use them, but remember, this is a great time to stretch your creativity. I'd recommend avoiding them, but if you want, they are allowed.

Don't forget the spirit of the contest guys. Yes, there are some loopholes, and yes, there is some wiggle room in places, but don't forget the core intent of severe limits to test creativity and ingenuity.  I don't mind questions at all though. I'm glad to make things clear.

I'm commenting a lot but I think I'm might be twisting the rules but not breaking them. I have clay for my baseplate but it also rises up like a hill for Jesus tomb. That's fine right? It's not adding anything to it. Also for my background I have a sheet of paper that can spin around to be night or day. But it is one backgrounder so I'm not breaking the rules.

I am not the one.

Creative thinking!
Yes, the clay can be molded up. For the piece of paper, when you're submitting your film, just send over a picture showing in folding over so I can confirm what both sides look like and confirm it's only one piece.

Wait so non Lego things such as paper or clay do or don't count as one of the 10 bricks?

what