Topic: Untitled space film. (Working title) production log.

Hey ya’ll.
For some time now I’ve been planning a big brickfilm project.
It will be around half an hour long, and it centers on a classic spaceman.
I’ve been spending months planning, set building, and storyboarding. (Mostly procrastinating tho.), and now I’ve finally filmed the first few shots! (Technically I haven’t storyboarded all of it or built all the sets I need, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.)
Expect some production images soon! I’m really excited to be working on this!

Re: Untitled space film. (Working title) production log.

Awesome!  I'm excited to follow this thread and eventually see the film.

Sounds exciting!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Cool! This looks interesting. I'll be following this thread.

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Looking forward to this!

Sounds good. Keep us updated.

I’ve got roughly 40 seconds filmed, I haven’t forgotten about this but I’m trying to figure out which shots I want to withhold and which I want to reveal.
Production has been going smoothly thus far, happy new year!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/349251459654746112/662502501001461790/image0.jpg
Here’s a little photo of some of the astronauts, with one of the main sets in the background.
Production is still humming along, Altho I realized that a few shots I had wanted to do in-camera will likely require a bit of compositing.
Well, let me know which astronauts you ship together.

Is the picture supposed to be upside down?

Just looking at the designs, there's a lot of great personality here. Strong designs can easily project the attitude of the characters; these are no exception. Great job overall.

Small note, but I've always been a bit weirded-out by yellow skinned head on a yellow spacesuit.
When used with male heads, it looks like they aren't wearing a shirt and just got a giant tattoo. When used with a woman's head, it's...even more awkward. To me, at least.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Is the picture supposed to be upside down?

Just looking at the designs, there's a lot of great personality here. Strong designs can easily project the attitude of the characters; these are no exception. Great job overall.

Small note, but I've always been a bit weirded-out by yellow skinned head on a yellow spacesuit.
When used with male heads, it looks like they aren't wearing a shirt and just got a giant tattoo. When used with a woman's head, it's...even more awkward. To me, at least.

Thanks! Always weirded me out too, that’s why I added some black to the arms and legs to break it up. She’s not really a main character, so it shouldn’t be a big problem hopefully.

cool!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

It has been exactly one month since I started filming, and I’ve gotten approx. 2 minutes of animation done.
This one shot I’m especially proud of, so I decided to share it with you:
https://youtu.be/FyLQAXNmqp4
The astronauts enjoy playing cards in their downtime!

This looks really great! You've made noticeable improvement in your animation! The detailed movements, such as the hair swaying with the head movement, really bring the clip to life! The set design looks fantastic, but if there were one thing I could recommend, it would be to place some sort of clay, or even LEGO bricks, behind the cracks in the set. The light is bleeding through them and taking away the liveliness of an otherwise convincing looking set.

Last edited by Brickman (February 5, 2020 (09:03pm))

Brickman wrote:

This looks really great! You've made noticeable improvement in your animation! The detailed movements, such as the hair swaying with the head movement, really bring the clip to life! The set design looks fantastic, but if there were one thing I could recommend, it would be to place some sort of clay, or even LEGO bricks, behind the cracks in the set. The light is bleeding through them and taking way the liveliness of an otherwise convincing looking set.

Oh, I never noticed that. I’ll make sure to do that, thanks!

Great shot!
I like that you're putting daily life into the film. It's always good to show that people aren't always saving the world (or taking it over, for that matter).

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had a good nodding technique for LEGO guys?

I move plastic in front of a camera for fun

Hi, me again, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this film I made! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQAPKMbNp5Q

Please refrain from asking for feedback in other people’s threads. Please create your own thread for your own content, and we’ll be happy to give you feedback!

Oh gosh I did it again I am so sorry. I thought I made my own. mini/blankexpression

Panoramic Studios wrote:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had a good nodding technique for LEGO guys?

Brickman wrote:

Please refrain from asking for feedback in other people’s threads. Please create your own thread for your own content, and we’ll be happy to give you feedback!

What Brickman said is true, but it's funny that you ask that, because the last shot I was trying to do I had originally planned a head nod, but I gave up because I couldn't make one that looked terrible without maiming the figure.

BrickAnimator724 wrote:

Great shot!
I like that you're putting daily life into the film. It's always good to show that people aren't always saving the world (or taking it over, for that matter).

Thanks! This was my intention, show a bit of the characters going about their day to humanize them a bit before the main conflict sets in.