Topic: CANON EOS 4000D DSLR Camera

Hi guys!

I'm almost back animating again after a crazy big house move and it's time to get a new camera.
I'm not an expert on DSLR's and I have been borrowing my brother's Canon 700d.

I'm looking to get this one now but want everyone's opinion? I've got approximately a £400 budget so would like people's recommendations. I also want to stick with Canon rather than Nikon or any other brand.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-a … 7-pdt.html

Thanks!

Re: CANON EOS 4000D DSLR Camera

The Canon Rebel series are very reliable cameras that last for years. Any of them (for the most part) are a safe bet for brickfilming. However, there’s a lot more that goes into animating with a DSLR than just the camera. You have to have specialized software, which is normally upwards of 75 GBP. You also need a COMPLETELY manual lens, because any auto features on the lens, such as focus, exposure, etc., while good for photography, can have disasterous effects on brickfilming. I would recommend an older Nikon Nikkor lens and use it on your Canon camera via an adapter. When you do this, any auto features on the lens are rendered incapable of use. You also will almost certainly need a tripod. So since that camera nearly maxes out your budget, you might want to invest in a cheaper camera to accommodate for the other equipment needed. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Brickman (March 13, 2019 (04:10pm))

Re: CANON EOS 4000D DSLR Camera

I personally suggest you buy Canon because it's much much better than Nikon, its result is best, in fact I am currently Canon EOS 50D, I dont know you know it or not but make some of the best DSLRs on the market, but its totally your decision, I saw many new models on Black Friday coupon codes at Reecoupons, if you need to buy once check on there.
Good luck