Topic: Camcorder or Webcam (or anything else)

Hello.. I'm starting to develop some brick and action figures stop motion productions and would like to know what you would recommend as a good equipment.

I made some tests with a small web cam but I really would like to have a better one.

I have some money to spend (US$ 300 or 400). I am going to US and equipment up there is far cheaper than here in Brazil. I'd like to take this opportunity to buy the aquipment.

And if you have some LEGO sets to indicade I would appreciate.

Thanks

Last edited by Brazilian (April 8, 2009 (07:39am))

Re: Camcorder or Webcam (or anything else)

QK 9000. Hands down.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

The logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 is a really good webcam for stop motion animation

I use it and most other brickfilmers almost now.

it's avaible for buy on the logitech site but you might get it cheaper from ebay

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

By all means get a any of the Powershot G collection. mini/yes

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

For a microphone, I strongly reccomendend the Blue Snowball.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

The best webcam you'll get your hands on is the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000. Many brickfilmers own 9000s (Including myself) and it's a brilliant webcam. The best camcorder is probably one of those Sony or Canon ones. Canon Powershots are good digitial cameras but cost a lot and I wouldn't recommend them for a beginner such as yourself.

I blue snowball microphone was mentioned above, but they cost a lot and you don't really need them for starting out. I use a Logitech desktop microphone which are cheap effective microphones, and I recommend one of those.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Thanks for the feedback. I just discovered that I have a  Canon ZR200. Is it a good camcorder for Stop Motion?

See the specs below:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-ZR200-MiniD … =de_a_smtd

Can you manually focus the camera?

_2014

Shoot Like A Pro With Automatic Exposure Settings
Want to capture a quick photo but don't have time to manual adjust the settings? With the ZR200 you can select from a variety of preprogrammed auto exposure modes (Easy Recording, Auto, Sports, Portrait, Spotlight, Sand & Snow, Low Light, and Night mode). There is even an Auto Slow Shutter mode to give your videos a dream-like quality. Each mode is carefully designed to give you the best possible image results under special shooting conditions.

For the more hands-on users, the ZR200 allows for manual control of the focus, exposure level, white balance, and shutter speed controls. You'll also be able to take advantage of the auto-wind, date search, and end search capabilities, and two recording speed modes: LP and SP.

Sounds good to me.

Just gotta find a way to hook it up to the computer.

By all means get a any of the Powershot G collection.

Look on ebay for older G cameras.  The G series is Canon's top of the line compact (although they're not all THAT compact) and they have full manual control from the computer.

Well I have the G1 mini/jaw I know pure priceless, and a G9...

welp
Formerly LegoDudez