Re: THAC XVI - Coming January 2019!

Dyland wrote:

In preparation for THAC, I thought I'd make a short video series on my Top 5 Tips for T.H.A.C.
Along with Nathan Wells' 11 Tips for T.H.A.C. 11, they make great companions for setting up for the contest! mini/bigsmile

Hey, sir! Those videos I saw were great! I just was wondering if you knew a few of them were private videos when I went to the playlist. If you didn't know, you know now. mini/blankexpression

Note to self: Don't add a scheduled video to a playlist...

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

This is my first time entering so what exactly is the mod and how can we prove we filmed this on that day? Not that I would cheat, I just dont want to be disqualified.

The mod element is what you must include in each shot of the film to prove that it was made on the day. There are two types of mod elements that will be announced when the time begins. One is a letter of the alphabet, and the other is two colours of LEGO brick that must be visibly connected together. You do not have to include both; you are allowed to use only the letter or only the colour mod, if you wish. They must be present physically within the shot; not inserted digitally.

Here are some examples from one of my previous entries. In the left image, there is a sign in the background that included the letter mod for that THAC (the letter N). In the right image, there is a figure on the far right in background who fulfilled the colour mod for that THAC (blue and black).

https://i.imgur.com/7Ve0iG8.png

This is my first time entering so what exactly is the mod and how can we prove we filmed this on that day? Not that I would cheat, I just don't want to be disqualified.

MatrixBrixProductions wrote:

This is my first time entering so what exactly is the mod and how can we prove we filmed this on that day? Not that I would cheat, I just don't want to be disqualified.

In every shot (camera angle/scene change) you either have to have a letter of the alphabet or 2 colors of lego brick attached to each other (both the specific letter and color combo are announced when the contest starts).
Then even if someone makes a lucky guess (which is quite unlikely) or throws the whole alphabet in every shot (which would raise suspicion) the film would still need to in some way fit with the theme given, which again you would have to be very lucky to guess.

I am so hyped! mini/bigsmile Right now I am cleaning off my animation table and sorting the Legos. mini/eek

PlasticPointProductions wrote:

Right now I am cleaning off my animation table and sorting the Legos.

One step ahead of ya, PlasticPoint. I got that done last night! mini/bigsmile

Am re-charging my camera's battery today, making sure the sd card has plenty of available space, and am prepping a playlist! Can't wait for THAC!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Dyland wrote:
PlasticPointProductions wrote:

Right now I am cleaning off my animation table and sorting the Legos.

One step ahead of ya, PlasticPoint. I got that done last night! mini/bigsmile

Am re-charging my camera's battery today, making sure the sd card has plenty of available space, and am prepping a playlist! Can't wait for THAC!

Battery charged!  Last night I finally got black out curtains up...

What about voice actors for THAC? Should we make a thread for that?

You can ask in audio or on the Discord server, folks are usually online during THAC just to voice act.

I'm looking forward to THAC this year. Last year I wasn't able to enter, but this year I'm gonna really put an effort in, it's the first time I'm entereing a bricksinmotion contest mini/bigsmile

One last question. How exactly do we submit the stopmotion?

You'll need to upload the video as an unlisted YouTube video or password protected Vimeo video. Then, send the video link via email to [email protected] before the deadline.

There will be a Submission section in the THAC - Starts Now thread which will explain, in detail, how to submit your entry.

Willow Tree wrote:

You'll need to upload the video as an unlisted YouTube video or password protected Vimeo video. Then, send the video link via email to [email protected] before the deadline.

There will be a Submission section in the THAC - Starts Now thread which will explain, in detail, how to submit your entry.

Oh thank you for explaining!

Here we go!

will the theme be posted here?

The theme has just been posted in the THAC - Starts Now! thread: https://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/t … tarts-now/

does the color mod element have to be bricks or can it be any 2 lego pieces clipped or on each other

Yes, you can connect two pieces together. The color mod can be any Lego piece. It does not have to be a standard brick piece.