Re: THAC XVI - Coming January 2019!

can't wait

I am excited for THAC XV1!! What are the rules for beginning and end credits? Should I credit the Bricks in Motion website? And if I can,  may I use music by Kevin Macleod at Incompetech.com? If so how should I credit that? Thank you!!

Frog Studios wrote:

I am excited for THAC XV1!! What are the rules for beginning and end credits? Should I credit the Bricks in Motion website?

Glad you're thinking about entering THAC. There are no requirements for beginning or end credits. In fact, you do not even need to include credits in your film. If you wish to include credits (most people do), people in the past have include "Created for THAC on BricksinMotion.com" or something similar in the credits of their film.

Frog Studios wrote:

And if I can,  may I use music by Kevin Macleod at Incompetech.com? If so how should I credit that? Thank you!!

Yes, you can use Kevin Macleod's music. You can credit his music by listing the song name and then his name, or by just saying music by Kevin Macleod. You can put this in the credits of your film or in the video description if you decide not to include credits.

Ok, thanks so much for thr info!!

what if my film is 15 seconds long

LASF wrote:

If only that was allowed mini/lol

The Rules wrote:

Your entry must consist of at least 30 seconds of stop motion animation. There is no maximum time limit.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

BoatsAreRockable wrote:
LASF wrote:

If only that was allowed mini/lol

The Rules wrote:

Your entry must consist of at least 30 seconds of stop motion animation. There is no maximum time limit.

sorry, i cannot read. i am deaf.

I am in trouble. mini/sad My laptop was several issues so I sent in into HP to get fixed.  That was before Thanksgiving.  It was supposed to come back on December 4th.  It was then delayed to the11th.  Then the 17th, then 21st, and now the 4th of January. mini/eek  I am afraid I won't be able to do THAC!

I'm sorry to hear that, PlasticPointProductions. Hopefully it will arrive in time!

How do you enter? Or is it, just show up and join?

The Immortal LEGO wrote:

How do you enter? Or is it, just show up and join?

Yeah just hop on the site when the contest opens up and follow the rules then submit the film following the submission process.

I'm gonna do my best to reserve the day, it's about time I started being active again.

give it all you've got and give all the glory to God!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYQTg … wxCsPHpRkw

It's been awhile since I've THAC'ed

Well, it looks like I will be THACing after all.  My computer just arrived.  mini/bigsmile

PlasticPointProductions wrote:

Well, it looks like I will be THACing after all.  My computer just arrived.  mini/bigsmile

Yay!  I'm excited to see your entry.

Oh boy my pc is giving me problems again, I hope it holds to January 5th...

There is also some weird wording on the subject of public and unlisted videos.

"You may not make your entry public until after the deadline. The entry you make public must be the entry you submit to the judges"

That contradicts itself, doesn't it?

Click the image to visit my main channel.
Bimbanner
Extra Channel

LegoLorax wrote:

There is also some weird wording on the subject of public and unlisted videos.

"You may not make your entry public until after the deadline. The entry you make public must be the entry you submit to the judges"

That contradicts itself, doesn't it?

No. The video you send to the judges and the one that will be considered for judging should remain unlisted for the duration of the contest. After the contest has ended, you can make the video public but it should be the exact same video.

In previous years, people would submit one entry, then work the next few days, actually finish/expand it and release the edited version. Then, that new version can either influence the judges thoughts on the actually submitted version, or create confusion with the final rankings if the submitted version wasn't so great, but the final was. When that happened, people were shocked to see the film ranked so low when what  they saw (the edited version) was so much better.

In preparation for THAC, I thought I'd make a short video series on my Top 5 Tips for T.H.A.C.
Along with Nathan Wells' 11 Tips for T.H.A.C. 11, they make great companions for setting up for the contest! mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png