Re: The Quick Short Advertising Contest Results

SlothPaladin wrote:

I have tweeted this via @BricksInMotion

You only credited T.G-Tom. mini/wink

Congrats to everyone who won!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Congrats to T.G. Tom,FilmyGuy and EmmaExecute.

_2014

Hmmm...

4th ain't that bad... mini/smile

Congrats TG-Tom and Filmguy! That was a well deserved win!

Congrats everyone!  I loved the James Bond one the most, definitely deserved to win.

congrats to everyone, great work!!!

Just one more frame!

Hopefully T.G-Tom and filmguy have ended their lobster knife fight and sorted out who gets the camera and who gets the box (j/k).

Emails have been sent out to the winners. Once I get their addresses I'll be able to mail out their prizes.

Well done everyone!

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

Congrats, winners, and a job well done by all! mini/smile

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

The James Bond was quite enjoyable to watch everyone loves violence but technically it was average. Green, Handcar and Stalkers were miles ahead in animation and quality.
I don't know where the good Doctor found the first judge but he graded Technical for Handcar the same as iWatch....wtf! It came 3rd last. Also interesting that the last judge had the winner as 7th. That's quite a diverse spread of opinion across the judges.
Thanks for listing the full scoring Dr (very interesting) and thanks for running such a cool competition.
Well done to all the entrants especially the top 6 they were all awesome. Any of them could have won depending on the people judging. Heck even %!@^ Pills could have won with the right (or wrong) judges.

Dude wathc what you're saying!

brick4brains wrote:

I don't know where the good Doctor found the first judge but he graded Technical for Handcar the same as iWatch....wtf! It came 3rd last.

I made that in less than an 3 hours and my spacemen trailer missed 4th by .5 mini/sad

Anyway, well done to everyone who entered!

brick4brains wrote:

That's quite a diverse spread of opinion across the judges.

This is true. For those that are interested, Judge 1 was a 24 yo bloke I know who is into bmx and very happy-go-lucky. The second judge is a 30 yo bloke who is quite sensible and down to earth and judge 3 is a 19 yo female.

None of the judges had any brick film making experience and that was why I showed them the Warthog commercial first.

brick4brains wrote:

Green, Handcar and Stalkers were miles ahead in animation and quality.

I'll agree with you on that one - to a point, though I abide by the judges decision. That was why I "hired" them. Plus it was stipulated in the entry conditions that films did not need a high technilcal degree as the judges would not be looking for that.

I'm glad people found the score listing useful.

Last edited by Dr Neo Lao (April 1, 2009 (04:24am))

We're out! Filmyguy get's it. Why? You'll see later mini/wink

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I want to apologize to everyone for double posting like crazy on Sunday, I didn't realize it was such a bad thing (new member) and hopefully the next contest I enter I will do better on!:) I have to admit, my entries were not to badly animated, but just bad idea, but they just popped into my head one day so I just animated them. Once again SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
CONGRATS FILM GUY AND T.G. TOM!!!!!!!!!!! Great commercial!:)

Congratulations to the winners! Unfortunately I didn't win although I was expecting that.
I do like Judge 2 though, they gave me a pretty good score mini/XD

Riley wrote:

Dude wathc what you're saying!.... I made that in less than an 3 hours and my spacemen trailer missed 4th by .5

Was that meant to be watch? I aint no dude and I'll say anything I want. I wasn't sledging your entry Riley I was just trying to illustrate how subjective and inconsistent the judging was. For the record your spacemen trailer was fricken awesome and I can't wait to see the finished movie.

Dr Neo Lao wrote:

....did not need a high technilcal degree as the judges would not be looking for that.

Yet this was the 3rd criteria in the judging so there's some hypocrisy there.
This whole competition was run very well, great entries and the judging was well handled and fast. Just a bit inconsistent that's all I'm saying. With such a narrow margin in the top 6 they are all winners in my book.

Totally.

Today I mailed out the prizes for EmmaExecute and randomparrot, still waiting on an address from T.G.Tom and/or filmguy. I have a camera here with one of your guys name on it. Whoever submitted the contest entry, check your email.

I'm glad everyone liked the contest. mini/bigsmile

Edit:

Yet this was the 3rd criteria in the judging so there's some hypocrisy there.

I wasn't going to reply to this but I choose to do so. The "Technical" criteria was added for two reasons: first, I wanted the judges to pay some attention and differentiate between an entry that was crisp with good audio and a fuzzy, out of focus film with bad audio. The second was to give greater separation to the films. Meaning that giving each film a score out of 20 would be more likely to result in draws than giving films scores out of 30. I really wanted a fourth, but couldn't think of a good criteria that a novice maker of brick films could judge.

Also, I fail to see how it is "hypocritical" to say "...did not need a high technical degree..." when the contest description said:

Remember that the Judges will not be avid brickfilmers. You do not need to aim for perfect walk cycles, zero light flicker, totally static sets with no bumps and so on. It is really good if you can make your film to a very high technical standard, but the Judges will be looking more at creativity and entertainment rather than technical perfection.

I'm not angry, nor am I arguing with you, so please don't be offended. I'm just stating my position.

Last edited by Dr Neo Lao (April 1, 2009 (04:36am))

Congrats,everyone.
I found this to be a most awesome contest.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Awesome! Congratulations to my favorite animator, FilmyGuy, and of course T-G Tom! mini/bigsmile