Topic: POLL: THAC Date

Hey, everyone! I'm Nathan, more commonly known as Willow Tree around these parts. I'll be taking over Nathan Wells' role in hosting THAC this year (Twenty Four Hour Animation Contest). (I guess it's a requirement that you have to be named Nathan to host.)

This year will mark THAC XVI (not the 16th year of THAC but the 16th edition).  As always, the contest will take place on the weekend, running from Saturday to Sunday. It is not finalized, but it is likely that start and end times will be determined using EST - Eastern Standard Time. Looking at the December-January calendar, it looks like there are three tentative dates that THAC could be held on. As such, I would like to get the community's opinion.

If you have time, please vote in the poll and feel free to post any comments below. The poll will be open until the official THAC announcement thread is posted in the last week of November.

Thanks! Looking forward to your responses!

Re: POLL: THAC Date

Thanks for posting the vote, Nathan. Here's hoping I can break away to do THAC without interruption. Woe be to the one who dares rip me away from THACulous glory mini/tongue

Well, I'm doomed anyway, 22nd to 6th is exactly the time where I'm going to visit my parents and family. Voting for 5th-6th anyway, maybe I'll come back in time.

Welp, I hath voted for January 5th-6th, as I am likely going to be away on the 29th and 30th. December 22nd and 23rd would also work for me, but my personal preference is January.

Either way, I can't wait to go insane once again!

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

I generally like THAC to be in December, however, that does list our films down as being from (last year) instead of the start of the new year (which they are close enough to anyway).

It's unprecedented to have THAC before Christmas, so I won't be participating if before it's the 22nd to 23rd. While it's been a few years since THAC was last held in December, I'm almost leaning more towards the 29th to 30th, if not for what I stated above.

Can't wait for the contest, and although I'm a bit sad to see Nathan not host this year, I'm glad you're his replacement Willow.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I personally like THAC being in the first half of January. I’m not out of town or doing much since I’ll still be on Christmas break, so January 5th-6th works for me!

December is usually a busy month for a lot of people, ourselves included. January would definitely work better for us. Hope to be able to enter this.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

I'm not sure if I'll even be able to participate, but if so, December 29-30 would be the only time I would even have a chance.

THAC's always been a January thing, at least since I've been around. Jan 5-6 is best for me personally since family will be back at work/school and won't want to go out and do family stuff like they tend to the last couple weeks of December. I can't imagine many people participating if it's Dec 22-23 though, too crazy a time of the year.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

I think fewer people would be able to participate if it were right before Christmas.  I feel like the best time people will be available would be in January. 

Looking forward to participating again!  Last year I told myself that I wasn't going to do it again, cuz it was crazy staying up will 6:30 in the morning; buuuuuut I just gotta do it again.  Getting to hangout with fellow brickfilmers is so fun, as well as sacrificing the entire day to finish a single brickfilm in less than 24 hours!  It's insane, and I love it!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

I'm voting for January. Without THAC, January is such a boring and long month, and I like the feeling of releasing a film in the first week of the year - there's a sense of accomplishment there.

Any of those dates would work for me though, so I'm happy to go with whatever you guys end up voting for mini/smile

It's the weekend right after I go back to school following winter break, but the 5th-6th of January still works the best for me.

My YouTube Channel

Keep Calm and Animate On!

Don't think I can do the 5th-6th.
I'll still be on break for the 29th-30th.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Can't do 5th-6th, college starts back up on the 7th.

January 5th-6th is the only time for me; it's a bit close to the resumption of school, but definitely the most open weekend.

Youtube Twitter

I think that December 29th-30th would be the best date for me. Looks like the January dates may win though according to the votes. I haven't been doing Stopmotion lately as I haven't had any ideas, so this will help me get back into the Stopmotion spirit.

Nooo, January can't win! I'll be away from my Lego by then!

I'm going for January.

December 29th is the best date for me but well January still a good date anyways.

That awkward moment when you voted for Dec. 22 - 23 thinking that was the best time then realize that's not the best time then went to go vote for Jan 5 - 6 but can't vote twice

January 5 - 6 sounds good to me!