Re: Are original brickfilms a dead art?

BrothersWaughStudios wrote:

Yeah, that's because no one in the movie industry right now is creative. All they know how to do is copy. Jurassic Park remakes, the Ghostbusters remake, and all these super hero and Star Wars movies. No one in the movie industry knows how to do their own thing.

At least Jackie Chan is still making original movies

Yeah, but even here you just have to search a bit.
I would recommend films by Edgar Wright, Quentin Tarantino, Christopher Nolan, Martin McDonagh, the Coen brothers, Alfonso Cuarón, David Fincher, Martin Scorsese ... and hopefully soon myself mini/lol
But for real, I think if you search a bit you can find a lot of incredible directors who make great original films! mini/smile

There is a danger in overgeneralizing these things. I think saying things like original brickfilms are becoming a dead art and the movie industry is running out of ideas are all over generalizations, and you just need to keep searching for the people with creative ideas, because they do exist and are still making great stuff, but aren't necessarily the ones making billions at the box office or on the front page of YouTube. In fact, you hear this sort of thing in every artistic medium: The amount of times people say that the music industry is nothing but talentless nobodies obviously don't look deep enough to find that there are a lot of great musicians working today.

Today, when brickfilming isn't as niche as it used to be, you are bound to notice a trend in non-original, IP based films, and when something attracts a large crowd of people, of course there is going to be a lot of bad, but it's easy to think that the brickfilming world in general is in decline if you only focus on those who aren't putting as much effort into their work, but in reality, we are actually in a pretty good place right now, where more and more brickfilmers are joining the scene and making great content. And even regarding IP based work as 'bad' is in itself over generalizing things. I'd go as far to say that the quality of work made by newcomers has increased immensely in the past few years.

I agree with BrothersWaughStudios. Studios aren't really creative any more.  I mean it's fine to create a sequel to a movie... like what George Lucas did with the original Star Wars 1977. As he created a great film, with a good sequel. However, I don't like the idea of studios creating a whole bunch of prequels to a franchise. Although, you do need to make a profit on a film, you can still do that with a creative film.

Also, with the new trilogy that came out and including Solo, most of it is just building upon older characters. But I'm not saying that either one of these films are bad and all, but you know half the people came there because it was just a Star Wars film. And not just because it's Alden Ehrenreich, or Donald Glover.

Yeah, but, there are still original brickfilms being made. This summer's contest definitely spawned a lot of unique and creative brickfilms.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ