Topic: The Inspiration Thread

I'm very surprised something like this hasn't been created (that I know of). Basically this thread serves the purpose of giving and receiving ideas for your projects.

Re: The Inspiration Thread

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ory-ideas/

If this is what your vision was for this thread, than it has.

Anyway, it's still a good idea.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

That is pretty similar to this. I guess this is like a broader version of that? Up to the mods whether this stays.

We had an idea for a kung fu/medieval comedy brickfilm that will pay homage to kung fu films of the 70s and 80s. Still in preproduction, but we liked the idea.

We are also writing scripts for the last few episodes of our LEGO Doctor Who series, and some buddy cop action comedy brickfilms.

BrothersWaughStudios wrote:

We had an idea for a kung fu/medieval comedy brickfilm that will pay homage to kung fu films of the 70s and 80s. Still in preproduction, but we liked the idea.

We are also writing scripts for the last few episodes of our LEGO Doctor Who series, and some buddy cop action comedy brickfilms.

I haven't seen anything of Doctor Who, but the kung fu thing sounds very interesting!:D

Well, before I made my latest Brickfilm I had the idea to make a cyberounk Brickfilm in the style of Blade Runner. It would have been a story about a police officer solving a murder series relating to a former case of him, the only one he couldn't solve. At some point in the story the whole thing should drive him crazy, so that he even thinks that he would be the murderer.
But in the end he would find out who the real killer is, only to then be killed by him without being able to share his knowledge.
The thing is that some weeks before I wanted to start the SummerContest on Brick-A-Brack was announced, and so I made another film where I used the already build setting and some of the ideas of the cyberpunk film.

I guess I won't make this project anymore, or I will make it in a distant future.
But maybe it inspirates someone of you mini/smile

Yetgo wrote:

I haven't seen anything of Doctor Who, but the kung fu thing sounds very interesting!:D

Well, before I made my latest Brickfilm I had the idea to make a cyberounk Brickfilm in the style of Blade Runner. It would have been a story about a police officer solving a murder series relating to a former case of him, the only one he couldn't solve. At some point in the story the whole thing should drive him crazy, so that he even thinks that he would be the murderer.
But in the end he would find out who the real killer is, only to then be killed by him without being able to share his knowledge.
The thing is that some weeks before I wanted to start the SummerContest on Brick-A-Brack was announced, and so I made another film where I used the already build setting and some of the ideas of the cyberpunk film.

I guess I won't make this project anymore, or I will make it in a distant future.
But maybe it inspirates someone of you mini/smile

That sounds interesting, although it might be a better ending for the detective to win and come out on top after a game of cat and mouse with the murderer, unless a bleak and depressing mood is what you're going for. Overall, it is a good idea. Would love to see the finished product.

That sounds interesting, although it might be a better ending for the detective to win and come out on top after a game of cat and mouse with the murderer, unless a bleak and depressing mood is what you're going for. Overall, it is a good idea. Would love to see the finished product.

Thanks. mini/bigsmile
But I think it would fit better with the style of the movie when the detective doesn't win.
Maybe I'll integrate it into a feature film one time in the future, cause I'm thinking of doing some mini/smile

I was thinking of an idea of an action and fantasy film. I'm thinking of something similar to the feel of the Lord of the Rings. So I've wrote a quick outline for the story. However, I don't have an act three. Also, please keep in mind this was an idea from three years ago. And not all the ideas are original, as I've been reading a lot of Greek and Roman mythology for inspiration. And the work in title for the project is Rise of the Demon King. However that may be a bit cheesy.

Rise of the Demon King

Act One:

A wizard Newman find out that the Demon King is rising (growing stronger). (It is here where the plot is setup with future conflict.) Then we are introduced to Will, who has a rich kid attitude. However he is also the prince to the king. Here he is set out on a quest in the forest to kill a pack of wolves. Although, he does succeed he would've died if only the wolves where smart. As they accidentally puncture themselves with Will's sword. (Or killing itself in another way.) Will is then granted manhood.

(Also, keep in mind this is a bit dark.)

Act Two:

A messenger comes to the kingdom ordering the king to surrender the crown. However, the king does not advise. This leads a invasion by the raiders as they slay the king. As prince Will leaves with a group of guards, but he his left alone as they are killed. Later on he meets Newman who knows nothing about the invasion. However, Will seeks revenge, but Newman does not care about the boy's revenge.

My idea going further was that Will and Newman will have to work together to stop the raiders from taking power, but with also stopping the Demon King in the process.

Yetgo wrote:

I think it would fit better with the style of the movie when the detective doesn't win.

A great way to set this up so the audience isn't disappointed, is to start with the dead body of the main character, and have him narrating from beyond the grave. "This is me" sort of thing. "How did it come to this?" And then go back and tell the whole story of how he ended up there. That way the audience won't be let down when the hero suddenly dies when they were expecting him to succeed, in fact the whole movie they'll be interested in just how and why the protagonist came to his grizzly end. It worked very well in Sunset Blvd and American Beauty.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

I've had this idea for about a year now of a story set in 1970s LA, about a Mafia gang and an attempt to take the whole organisation down.

Basically, I'd set up the story with a member of the gang going against the family business and running off with a woman, hoping to cross the boarder and escape without being caught, but the gang catch up with them, murder the gang member that betrayed them, and assume they've killed the woman, but she survives.

Cut to 2 years later, and the whole time, she's been planning a fall out assault on the whole organisation, heads back to LA and takes down every member one by one. Maybe she could have different disguises so as to always get away, and the soundtrack would be classic rock songs from the 1970s.

I just think it would be a great excuse to have cool action set pieces, classic music of the time and also the look and feel of 1970s LA.

thistof wrote:
Yetgo wrote:

I think it would fit better with the style of the movie when the detective doesn't win.

A great way to set this up so the audience isn't disappointed, is to start with the dead body of the main character, and have him narrating from beyond the grave. "This is me" sort of thing. "How did it come to this?" And then go back and tell the whole story of how he ended up there. That way the audience won't be let down when the hero suddenly dies when they were expecting him to succeed, in fact the whole movie they'll be interested in just how and why the protagonist came to his grizzly end. It worked very well in Sunset Blvd and American Beauty.

Good idea, but I already used this in one of my former longer films, 'Age of Crime', and I don't want to repeat myself mini/smile
There are also some very good movies where the protagonist dies at the end, but I don't want to spoil them to you mini/mrgreen
I think if it fits with the idea of the story and to the character arc of the protagonist, it is good to kill him.
However, if I only use ideas of it in a later made film I won't kill the protagonist, cause I already planned a better ending for that one mini/smile

Giant cupcakes invade planet earth.

William Osborne wrote:

I've had this idea for about a year now of a story set in 1970s LA, about a Mafia gang and an attempt to take the whole organisation down...

This sounds familiar, I think you may have mentioned it once before. Would love to voice act in this if it ever becomes a thing.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

We're working on a brickfilm that's intended to be feature-length, hopefully around an hour, and it follows two wisecracking, slightly immature cops who must track a serial killer in New Jersey. The killer would be like a well-known villain in a costume like classic slasher movies, and it would blend the genres of buddy cop, action, comedy, and horror.

We're working on a brickfilm that's intended to be feature-length, hopefully around an hour, and it follows two wisecracking, slightly immature cops who must track a serial killer in New Jersey. The killer would be like a well-known villain in a costume like classic slasher movies, and it would blend the genres of buddy cop, action, comedy, and horror.

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it! mini/bigsmile