Topic: Can't log in on Firefox / forum time issue

When I try logging in using Firefox, I get the following error message:

You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and if applicable, enable cookies for this website.

I can log in just fine on Chrome, but Firefox won't do it. It does work when I check the "Log me in automatically each time I visit." mark while logging in. I'd rather not do that, though. (I prefer to only log in when I have time to peruse the forums for new posts.)

Also, the server time seems to be way off. I have my local time zone set correctly in my profile, but this post is timestamped at about 5:57 AM, while the actual time of posting this is closer to 7:10PM.

Re: Can't log in on Firefox / forum time issue

Yeah, I've also been experiencing issues. For me the forum time is 13 hours and 13 minutes too early. Also when I've been looking at posts today the notification box thing on the left hand side of each forum section won't disappear for ages.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Mkay so it's 3:37pm and the forum thinks I posted this at 2:22am. That's odd.

I've signed in with firefox though and it's all fine for me.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

Yeah, I've also been experiencing issues. For me the forum time is 13 hours and 13 minutes too early. Also when I've been looking at posts today the notification box thing on the left hand side of each forum section won't disappear for ages.

Yeah I'm having that issue too, Dragon Brick. You can click on "New posts" near the top of the page and then "Mark all topics as read" at the bottom right of the page.

I am having the same problem. Firefox has given me the same message as BertL. I enabled cookies and it still gives me the same message. I can access the site through windows edge but I'd rather use Firefox.

Just saying...
Jared

I had the same issue yesterday, but it seems like its been fixed now.

Yah, didn't work yesterday, but I'm on Firefox right now.

Firefox's issue was caused because the server time was off so it was sending "outdated" login cookies to to the browser. The time has been fixed and everything seems normal again.

On a related note, it's time to check the "Daylight Savings" box in your profile again so it'll have the correct times.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b