Topic: Bricks In Motion Sound Library - Thanks For Your Contributions!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GlenFunberg/Misc/soundlibraryclosed.jpg

UPDATE: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE READING ON!
As it seems there has been some confusion regarding what is "acceptable" content,
I have prepared a short chart that should answer your questions.

films, movies, cartoons, and TV
shows?]

Sounds or
music recorded or ripped from video game                                                            NO
discs, console games, multiplayer online games, and the like?
]

Sounds someone else made?                                                    NO
]

The demo music that came with my music                                        NO
making program?]

Tapings of copyrighted concerts?                                                    NO ]

Original content recorded and edited by me,                              YES! ]
on my own recorder (DAT, MiniDisc, solid state recorder,
reel-to-reel), or music composed and arranged by me without
using pre-made loops?

Please read all of these guidelines carefully before submitting! If you're in a hurry, the important stuff is in red.]

Bricks In Motion.com is in the process of developing a sound and music library for use by the community.
We are looking for people who are interested in contributing quality sound effects that are solely their original content.]

If you have a sound you wish to submit, please follow these guidelines:

-It is extremely important that you do not submit a sound that you didn't make.] Any and all content submitted must be original and produced entirely by yourself.

-The sound should be formatted at a minimum quality level of 44,100 Hz, 16 bit].

- Sounds should preferably be in an uncompressed PCM format (WAV]), though MP3] is accepted as well.

-Please have your nick] listed as the "Artist" in the ID3 tag, and "Bricks In Motion.com Sound Library" as the "Album". In addition, include your sound's title in the "Title" field and the year you recorded the sound in the "Year" field. Also, please include a brief description of the sound in the Comments section of the ID3 tag.

-When submitting multiple files that are related (i.e. several different versions of the same sound), please place them into a ZIP or RAR archive folder] before sending them.

-Before submitting, ask yourself, "Is this a sound that I would want to use in one of my own films?"]Also, please keep in mind that once you submit a sound, Bricksinmotion.com will have full rights to distribute the sound.]
In addition, if someone uses your sound in a film, they only need to credit the Bricks In Motion.com Sound Library, not your username.]You will, however, be credited within, at least, the sound file itself.

-When recording, try to record as much of the original sound as possible.] Try to capture that sound alone without background noise or unwanted sounds (i.e. telephones ringing, babies crying, etc.). The exception is if you are recording background noise, in which case you want to record everything that is going on around you(i.e. home, restaurant, office), as long as it maintains the mood of the environment you are trying to record. Also, please make sure your sound clip contains only the sound itself, not a long delay before and after.

- To submit a sound, please compose a brief PM to me here]. In your message, please link to your sound as hosted on a third-party media sharing site,] such as Mediafire, MegaShare, RapidShare, FileSonic, or Filestube. Your sound will be reviewed and if it is accepted, you will receive a PM back saying so, with a link to your uploaded sound included. If it is not accepted, you will receive a PM explaining why. Please contain all other questions about the submission process, the sound library or anything else related to this thread. Thanks!

-As a final note, keep in mind that even if your sound meets or exceeds the minimum technical standards (meaning it is a good quality recording) it will still be judged on how well it captures the sound itself, and will not necessarily be accepted.]

So You Don't Know How To Edit ID3 Tags

Try Audacity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

_____________________________________________________________________________________

8/10/2012: THE BRICKS IN MOTION SOUND LIBRARY HAS BEEN CLOSED. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!

IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED SOUNDS AND WOULD LIKE YOUR CONTENT RETURNED TO YOU, PLEASE PM ME. THANKS!

Here is a WIP sound guide being written by yours truly.

Here is an even better sound guide, written by Brickfilms member LowweeK. Many thanks to Loic for allowing us to use this guide.

Here is an interesting list of cliches to avoid in your sound designs.

-Blue_Ghost

Last edited by Blue Ghost (January 7, 2011 (05:16pm))

https://i.imgur.com/x8mil9Z.png

Re: Bricks In Motion Sound Library - Thanks For Your Contributions!

Glad this is up. mini/wink
Future films of mine will have lots of my own original sound effects so I will be sure to submit some. Just not all mini/mrgreen

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Here is a sound pack I made they are WAV files, feel free to use them, I won't even ask for credit.

I have sent my sound effect (chewing)

I'll send some of my stuff, If I use it in my own film I will credit myself or is that not allowed.

_2014

Well it's still your, so I guess crediting yourself for your OWN soundeffects that you sent should be okay. Oh that should be right... I guess...
mini/confused

I've got a few of my own sounds effects, but they're all WMA files. I guess I'd better change them...

EDIT: Sent.

Last edited by Hazzat (April 7, 2009 (03:33am))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

randomparrot wrote:

I'll send some of my stuff, If I use it in my own film I will credit myself or is that not allowed.

If it is in the sound library, but you created it, then I suppose you could just credit yourself. If someone else uses it in a film, though, they wouldn't have to credit you, only the Sound Library.

Got it.

_2014

I sent a couple of sound effects to you, Blue_Ghost.

Thanks, Stevie:  I'll get back to you on those as soon as I can. By the way, guys, feel free to shoot these sounds VN's way as well, it would sure help me with the workload.

Last edited by Blue Ghost (April 8, 2009 (05:02am))

Here is the most valued sound effect of all time...

Spoiler (click to read)

The Wilhelm Scream

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

I think it would be beneficial to make this thread also a place to request sound effects. I love doing foley work, but I have no idea what sounds people would want.

MMproductions wrote:

Here is the most valued sound effect of all time...

Spoiler (click to read)

The Wilhelm Scream

It has to be your own sound effect.

Do any of you have a scope or a swoosh SFX like when you zoom in on something from different angles?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it!

Last edited by Antifaan (April 11, 2009 (02:00pm))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Someone please, for the love of LEGO, post a good footsteps sound effect. PLEASE!

Jon64 has a really good one for 6 frame walk cycle. I use it and its really good.

Okay, thanks, I'll ask him. mini/smile

The first isn't too bad, LegoDudez, but the gunfire one is pretty bad.  It sounds nothing like gunfire, and more like you shook some currency around in a bag.  However; I have a hard time believing you made the suspense sound.

LegoDudez - Please just edit a single post with the new links instead of cluttering the whole thread, thanks.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff