Topic: We as brickfilmers have made History!

Over the decades since we were able to create Brickfilms before the internet, we have made an impact with pop culture as a whole, for instance, The LEGO Movie, YouTube, The Simpsons' "Brick Like Me", etc. We have impacted the culture and made LEGO more interesting throughout our role in Brickfilming. And also, with a Brickfilmer that has achieved a million subscribers on YouTube this year, we have made yet another milestone since the LEGO Movie in 2014.

mini/eh So, will you join this topic and post your own history here with everyone?

Legolord Productions
Subscribe for LLP Brickfilming Content

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

Re: We as brickfilmers have made History!

So my history is pretty boring. I've always been a Lego guy.But, when I saw a Brotherhood Workshop film and decided to try to make my own. I made three videos about a guy named Steve back in 2012. In 2015 I resumed the hobby. My first film published online is called Jimmy's Lunch. I've improved quite a bit since even early 2017. I can't wait for what is going to become of brickfilming in the future. mini/smile

This is a brief history:

When I was three years old, my mother bought me set #2 (!)  I put them away when I was about 13 and began again in 1999 when they released their first franchise sets: Star Wars Episode I.  It lasted a year and my second dark age ended in 2010.  In 2012, I became interested in brickfilming, and decided to write some kind of sitcom.  The rest is Lego history.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Here's my story -
Almost two years ago I went on an animation course for one week; we had to make a short stop motion film with our two teachers, who explained the basic techniques of stop motion. We used Lego's. I really liked it, despite that the teachers didn't seem to care about the result, they were just doing it for the money. Time passed and when we finally received the final result, I was so disappointed. 144p res., jerky animation, tons of light flicker, set bumps everywhere... I knew I could do it better. so, I started with whatever I had around the house. Believe it or not, but I first started brickfilming with my built in webcam on my Mac! mini/lol Although it has been hard, it's my biggest hobby ever since.

This is really interesting to hear about your guys' history for brickfilming.

I guess I'll do my own as well...

When I was about 10 years old, I saw some brickfilms on youtube for the first time, they fascinated me so much since I saw that you could move you Lego bricks and minifigs to make an animation come to life. It wasn't until 2012 that I thought about making a brickfilm and decided to attempt making one, for most of 2012 and 2013 for me, I was experimenting with making a brickfilm, and it finally came to me in 2014 that I needed to have a camera, a video editor, and a place to animate a brickfilm. So, in early 2014, I finally figured out how to create a brickfilm and render it which then led me to create my first and existing brickfilm "Robo-dile Flamethrower" which I uploaded to my YouTube channel on June 9, 2014 a day after I founded my channel "Legolord Productions". And from there, I created more Brickfilms and other videos relating to the progression of my channel. As of now, an 18 year old adult (because I turned 18 on my birthday this year), my channel continues to produce good content since I now use Lego Digital Designer to create my Brickfilms. And also, I've been recording my history since 2014 onto a Notepad file on Windows and I use it to not only record a historical moment for my channel but to also use it for my new years videos in which case, I'm going to upload another one to end 2017 for the channel.

Thanks for reading if you did mini/smile

Legolord Productions
Subscribe for LLP Brickfilming Content

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

I guess I started experimenting in 2012, when I discovered I could record sound as well as video on my camera. I began making videos of my action figures and moved them around with my hands. I did this for a couple of years, and then in early 2014, I started to experiment stop motion, using mega bloks. I didn't have have a stop motion software and didn't know the first rule of animating, but we all have to start somewhere I guess mini/wink

I had to find my own way of animating, so I took multiple photos, imported the photos to my computer and filmed my computer screen as I went through the photos.

My camera broke in late 2014, and because of that, my parents gave me my Christmas present early - a proper stop motion software and animation kit. I started experimenting before I started animating using Lego in early 2015, and the rest is history!