Re: Mixels Production log

At last, I am now starting to finish production. Expect the release soon.

I am now finished with production and I have moved on to post-production.

In celebration of mixels episode 3, episodes 1 and 2 will soon be released on youtube!

Looks like I have gotten way off track on the production log for mixels 3. I have completed the animation, but I have come across  many issues, and now I am considering not posting this animation at all and scrapping it. I am still deciding....... mini/sweat

What type of issues have you come across?

I am supposed to put something here.

Well, I had some issues with my software saving my work, and when I finally got the film finished, I didn't really like how it turned out.

After long difficulties with my software and this animation, I am happy to announce Mixels episode 3 is finally completed!
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62DXtWu … e=youtu.be

I never realised that you had been doing a Mixels series, but now the mixels logo makes sense mini/yes

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Yeah, this most recent one I made was completed way back in October, but because I couldn't decide if I liked it enough, I put off posting it until now.

Raptor Studios wrote:

Yeah, this most recent one I made was completed way back in October, but because I couldn't decide if I liked it enough, I put off posting it until now.

Yeah I've done a similar thing with some of mine. I have some animations which I have been meaning to post for ages and are now a year old, but i think maybe end of February/beginning of March I might have the time to post them.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

This potentially might be the end of my Mixels episodes as the Mixels theme retired and the popularity will surely go down, but I still am considering doing an episode 4 after the karate pig maybe. Still deciding......... mini/confused

If you have either started making it or you can make it quickly then I would say go for it, because the popularity is not going to suddenly decrease by the end of this week or anything, so unless you would rather use that time to make something else (depending on how many other animations you would like to make right now), you might as well do it.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I was thinking the same thing, but it takes me about a month to create an animation and if this one was coming it would be in either March or April. I guess time will tell......

Well, I decided I am going to go ahead and make another Mixels episode. They seem to be the most popular on my Youtube channel, and I enjoy working on them because they aren't huge time commitments. I am already in production as I plan to release this one near Halloween because of its type of mood. This one will be on the Glowkies. Here is an image from shot 1: Please let me know what you think! Thanks.
https://i.imgur.com/Lbznysb.jpg

Another day of animating! Here's another frame. Unlike all of my other animations, this one will include a Nixel.

https://i.imgur.com/ySTqqgT.jpg

Nice! How did you make the black background? mini/smile

So, since Mixels has ended is this going to be your last or are you still going to continue to make these? Just curious mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Raytistic wrote:

Nice! How did you make the black background? mini/smile

I normally use construction paper for my backgrounds attached to a large Lego box, (as in the owl shot) But in the case of the nixel shot, the camera is actually pointing straight into the dark room that I was animating in. No backgrounds. mini/tongue

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

So, since Mixels has ended is this going to be your last or are you still going to continue to make these? Just curious.

I might actually continue to do these just because I have so much fun animating mixels instead of minifigs. The whole point of my animations is for my own enjoyment, and I think these are really fun to make. They may not get many views on youtube, but as long as I am happy with them, they are a win for me. mini/smile

Thanks for the comments/questions!

Another production photo: https://i.imgur.com/7Z4KzKS.jpg

Raptor Studios wrote:

I might actually continue to do these just because I have so much fun animating mixels instead of minifigs.

Yeah I've never tried animating things like mixels before but it does sonund like a fun challenge!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?