Topic: What was the last brickfilm you watched?

Thought I might continue the series of topics related to what you have been watching recently mini/smile

For me, the last brickfilm that I have watched is this Lego Ninjago brickfilm. All I want to know is how one may acquire all of those snakes themselves mini/lol

I wasn't sure if this should go in the General Film Discussion or Community section, so I will leave it here and if necessary it can be moved to a different section mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Re: What was the last brickfilm you watched?

No joke... Beast.

Hadn't seen it pretty much since the 10th anniversary retrospective, and so I sat down and watched it again last night. Without repeating everything I've already said about it - the animation (especially with multiple figures in the cafe) really stood out to me this time. I guess the brickfilms that I've watched in the past several months had been lacking this... and only in watching a Nathan Wells brickfilm did I actually realize this.

In that same vein, I'll probably watch some more of Nathan Wells' brickfilms tonight. I rarely watch one brickfilm at a time anymore. Nowadays I usually binge watch multiple with the same theme/by the same creator.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Pongowl's The Confounding Crane Stealing

He really nailed the pacing in this film, and the animation is incredible. This is literally like the tenth time I've watched it.

Last edited by Shawarma Studios (March 16, 2017 (11:25am))

I've seen it quite a few times, but I just rewatched Maxime Marion's Copyright. I was just on holiday in Paris, and felt it appropriate to watch a French brickfilm while I was away.

It remains one of the definitive brickfilms, with great characters, great writing and fantastic animation!
10/10!

Oh, I LOVE Maxime Marion's Copyright! I'll have to watch that sometime soon too. mini/smile From what I remember, the sets were exceptional and I thought that pacing really helped give the story a nice flow.

That's another thing a lot of brickfilms seem to have a problem with... pacing/flow. I hate it when they're too quick to easily comprehend (the usual case) or really long and boring. Copyright is neither.

I watched Gold Brick Studios newest film Jeremiah Jedidiah Joe ft. Me

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

Dyland wrote:

No joke... Beast.

I don't know if this is just me, but having watched Beast, the actual animal looks very similar in my opinion to the one in Bestia.

A very long brickfilm, but definitely worth watching mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Lego Figure Productions wrote:

I don't know if this is just me, but having watched Beast, the actual animal looks very similar in my opinion to the one in Bestia.

A very long brickfilm, but definitely worth watching mini/smile

Never seen that one before, so I'll have to check it out sometime soon. Thanks for the suggestion, Lego Figure Productions. I only watched the first few seconds and it definitely looks interesting!

I do know that the Beast model from Nathan Wells' brickfilm is heavily based on the one from this set (using the same parts, if I'm not mistaken).

Recently managed to watch 'The Big Crunch 1 and 2' by BaeumlerFilm, as well as the entire 'America: Outlawed' series by Doug Vandegrift (trust me, when you have to spend hours cutting things out and sticking them on in a fancy way, things get boring really quickly mini/tongue) I even had enough time to rewatch to of my favourites, 'Bound' and 'Battle of the Brick: Built For Combat'. I would definitely recommend watching them, especially The Big Crunch 1, as it is one of my most favourite brickfilms of all time! mini/bigsmile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

BUMP

Stumbled across a Star Wars brickfilm called Lego star wars the clone wars battle of Dandoran. Due to the average quality of these types of Star Wars brickfilms nowadays, I was expecting it to be pretty mediocre, but I was fortunately mistaken.

Sure, the set design and green screen could have been better (and perhaps also the VFX, but whether or not you like it is probably more down to taste), and there was a questionable choice of music at 3:16, but the quality of the actual animation itself was very good and was supplemented very nicely with a lot of really nice camera movement. Kinda reminded me a bit of some of the first Star Wars animations on YouTube mini/smile

I felt this guy deserves more attention, which is one of the resasons why I thought I would share it with you all:

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

There's a pretty neat Star War feature brickfilm by the name of Kightrise by the brickfilmer Mysteriouspi. It's made up of a series 13 short films, which were spread out between 2013-2017, and was recently re-released as a complete film with the run time of 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Now, I would like to mention that it does have a pretty, let's say unsubtle Christian message, which can be somewhat distracting at times, and I'm not sure what I think of involving Christianity in the Star Wars universe. It is a strange decision, and it probably didn't need it, but don't let that put you off this film. The first 20 or so minutes of the film are quite heavy handed with it's message, but after that, it focuses more on the protagonist's journey, seeing events from the prequel and Original trilogies through his perspective. And I would say, as out of place as it might be in the Star Wars universe, his spiritual journey, his doubts and his struggles are actually handled with a lot of care, and it becomes a part of his development as a character, rather than a preachy message that slows down the plot.

Despite being originally split up in 13 parts, it works surprisingly well as one feature length film, with good pacing and a clear 3 act structure.

The animation, while not perfect, does improve as the film goes on. It was 4 years in the making, and it does show, as the last half of the film looks pretty good. The set design is also very nice throughout. It is, unfortunately, very focused on green screen, which does offer some pretty awesome shots, especially during space battles, but whenever there's a shot from out of a window, and it's in the background, the green screen image will be in focus, whilst the set in front of it might be out of focus, which can be distracting.

However, despite it's flaws, it is really worth the watch. The characters are really well developed, and you really get to care about them by the end of the film. The dialogue is also very strong, and it has a compelling story to back it all up. 8/10!

I highly recommend it, if you have a spare hour and a half. If you don't, and you're put off by the run time, you can always watch it in segments, as it was originally released right here!

Will definitely have to watch it some time mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Just watched "Soulless" by Workshop Lego Animations. I must be in a depressing mood, because I had rewatched Grief's Restitution just before this (although of course aside from the title I didn't know that this would be a sad brickfilm). Everything is really well done, from the quality of the animation and set design to the amazing VFX, as well as the great mouth animation and animated facial expressions. It had a very surprising twist at the end, which is not something that I have seen in a brickfilm for quite some time. Worth a watch mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I know a good german Star wars series named"Freedom FightersIt also has english subtitles.It's about some clones who have a free will and work for the rebellion.The ending was  thrilling and surprising.I would recomend checking it out even if the voice-actors are a little annoying mini/lol .

Wow, now that's a throwback! It's been almost 4 years since I first watched Freedom Fighters! Thinking about binge watching it to remind myself of the storyline mini/yes

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Whoa, was just reminded that that this thread exists.

The White Wall

WARNING: contains some surprisingly impactful, brutal LEGO violence]

It's not actually the last brickfilm I've watched, but it seems like a pretty underseen one, and it's not on Bricks in Motion, so I thought I'd post it here. While some of the fighting comes across as a bit awkward, there's a lot of really impressive and cinematic stuff here. I love the tension after the glass breaks. Seems very much inspired by MindGame's "The Profession".

Finally managed to watch the Great Disturbance, and, well, WOW!!!!

Despite it being quite old, it still holds up quite well, with some of the VFX not actually being that bad! What I loved most though was the Star Wars references and the perfectly executed comedy. Amazing!

A must see for anyone with knowledge of Star Wars and who is a fan of comedy! mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Just saw Spastik Chuwawa's Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Murder for the first time today. This was one of those videos where as soon as it was over I hit replay and immeadiately watched it right over again, it just really hit the spot for me humor wise. I've been reading some of the original Sherlock Holmes stories lately too, so I think that increased my enjoyment of it even more.

Spoiler (click to read)

The bit where Watson transforms gets me every time.

UnknownBrick Films wrote:

Just saw Spastik Chuwawa's Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Murder for the first time today...

I almost died. Funniest brickfilm ever.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png