Topic: Large Profile Icon

I noticed a couple months back that you guys only accepted icons that were 100x100pixels. Maybe, after finishing The Documentary, you guys could make the icon the same size as a youtube channel icon, that way, it would be easier to put in extra details, For instance, Logo, Name, etc.

Legolord Productions
Subscribe for LLP Brickfilming Content

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

Re: Large Profile Icon

Extra details belong in the signature if you want them there, but avatars are small so that they can be recognized quickly beside posts.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Yeah but I thought if the size was the same as a youtube channel icon, it could work out, You know what I'm saying?

Legolord Productions

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

You really don't want much text in an avatar because there's not much space, even in a Youtube avatar. Youtube allows a large resolution but they scale it down when you load the image. Forcing a 100 x 100 allows the site to not have to scale it down (increasing speed of the webpage sort of), and it saves disk space, which I assume we don't have much of.

I see

Legolord Productions

If I remember correctly, 100x100 is actually an increase over what the site originally had. (I think we started at 75x75 when the site first opened)

Overall jasper is right. The larger the image size we allow, the more storage space we need. Ideally, we like to save as much storage space as we can for the database for the forum and for the Directory (the Directory hosts images as well). Perhaps in the future, if we make a move towards revamping the website, we can include some auto re-size feature for avatars in the upload process, but I think the general stance has always been that people here have a handle on at least simple photo editing, and therefore they can re-size and crop images appropriately for their avatar here.

Plus as a community, I think having an avatar separate from a YouTube channel is more personable since we a community based around people rather than a community based on a product like YouTube. Just my two cents on the idea though. Feedback surrounding the website is always appreciated, and that is why we have this Forum.

OneManFilms wrote:

If I remember correctly, 100x100 is actually an increase over what the site originally had. (I think we started at 75x75 when the site first opened)

Overall jasper is right. The larger the image size we allow, the more storage space we need. Ideally, we like to save as much storage space as we can for the database for the forum and for the Directory (the Directory hosts images as well). Perhaps in the future, if we make a move towards revamping the website, we can include some auto re-size feature for avatars in the upload process, but I think the general stance has always been that people here have a handle on at least simple photo editing, and therefore they can re-size and crop images appropriately for their avatar here.

Plus as a community, I think having an avatar separate from a YouTube channel is more personable since we a community based around people rather than a community based on a product like YouTube. Just my two cents on the idea though. Feedback surrounding the website is always appreciated, and that is why we have this Forum.

I understand your point now

Legolord Productions