Re: BRAWL 2017 STARTS NOW!

I have a shot done right now, where I included the brick mod element, but because there's so much camera movement in it, the mod element is only really in the shot for 4 frames, and out of focus. Would I have to redo the shot/scrap it, or can I note in the submission email where the mod element is in that specific shot? Thanks.

Even if it is out of focus, as long as it is possible to identify that it is in the shot at any point, it should be allowed.

To be honest, the first thing that stuck in my head when seeing the theme was something weird and unusual. I might not be taking part this year, but if I were to, I would definitely consider being more creative than 'a science experiment gone wrong!' Experimental really embraces creativity, so I look forward to seeing the entries!

I'm entering! I work full time tho so i'm literally animating all day today and on my day off. mini/smile

Austin-Frame5 Studios https://i.imgur.com/6kA5imJ.png

Is it against the rules if I had a live action shot of me animating in my room with the mod element in it

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

brickorbrack wrote:

Is it against the rules if I had a live action shot of me animating in my room with the mod element in it

Nope, it's perfectly fine, as long as that's not the entire movie.

The Rules wrote:

Your entry must consist primarily of LEGO (or similar building-block toy) stop-motion animation. Live-action, CGI, hand-drawn, or other forms of film or animation may be used to supplement your entry, but stop-motion animation must be the primary focus.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

i'm starting with the shoot tomorrow...

Can the blue and white bricks be minifigure parts?

O'Looney Productions wrote:

Can the blue and white bricks be minifigure parts?

Yes, this is allowed.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Because I care for y'all, I made this lovely little playlist of inspirational music. It'll keep you alive for the duration of the contest. Enjoy!

Playlist

Does the mod element have to be the same (set) of pieces for the whole film?

This is such a great theme! I wish I had the time to enter mini/sad I encourage all who participate to really push themselves and do what no one else has done before like unique camera shots (perhaps filming underneath the minifigure)? Or a unique-ish storyline (villains winning)? There's a couple of ideas for people to use mini/wink

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Scorch Bricks wrote:

Does the mod element have to be the same (set) of pieces for the whole film?

No, as long as you use the right colours, they can be anything. Although, it may help to have an object of some sort that you can use in most/all of your shots. The flowers in Rioforce's THAC XIII winning entry is a good example

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Dragon Brick is right. You can have as many different mod elements as you want. As long as you have the colors or the letter somewhere in every shot, you'll be fine.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Aww... I'll be on vacation till the 30th. Well... Maybe next year.

Sincerely, Me

Brilliant! BRAWL is back! Really looking forward to seeing how people interpret the theme. I, lacking any creativity, have gone with a Brickfilm about scientists in blue and white lab. Good luck to all!

Last edited by Goblinanimations (June 27, 2017 (01:36pm))

Is there a lighter version of the Brick Warriors logo that sits on a black bg?

I made the entire set blue and white. Does that work?

It should. I'm assuming if the entire set is blue and white then blue and white bricks are directly touching at some point.

my white/blue lab is ready mini/wink

Last edited by TheClassicSpaceman (June 27, 2017 (05:42pm))