Topic: 90's/00's Lego looking for a good home (Sold!)

Edit: Sold! Thanks for the interest. ]

So, I graduated college Thursday, and am headed down to take an Associate Pastor's position soon.
Well, with moving, and moving into a fairly small apartment, I've been thinking about thinning down a bit of my Lego.
Here are some late 90's/early 00's Lego still sealed in their boxes that I haven't done anything with recently.
I was wondering if anybody would be interested in any or all of these. I hate to see them simply collecting dust.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4165/34279159390_1338dd3e80_b.jpg

Thought I'd give ya'll the first chance at them, so PM or email me if you'd like.
Thanks!

Re: 90's/00's Lego looking for a good home (Sold!)

Congratulations on graduating! I wish you luck in your associate pastor position. mini/smile

How much are you selling these for? Do you have a number in mind?

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

OOOOOOOO YEEEESSSSS I'd love some of those Mars sets and what looks to be some Adventure stuff in the bottom right? If you have any details or prices or whatever in mind, consider me an interested party!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Whoa, nice to see some interest.
It looks like, according to Bricklink, minimum prices on all this would be somewhere around the $100 mark.
Granted, that's without the boxes, and not always complete, but whatever. I'd prefer something around the lower end of Bricklink prices, but again, I'm flexible, and I know none of us are really rolling in the dough. Ultimately, it depends on who wants what, and how it all gets split up.

I've no idea what shipping may or may not be, so I need to figure that little problem out pretty quick.

Dang, those are some pretty sweet, classic sets you've got there! I'm definitely not rolling in dough at the moment (Rent, vehicle insurance, groceries, bleh bleh bleh), but I'd still be interested in a set or two if the price is right. Shipping to Hawaii might be a bit scary though...

You know, I'm sure you could always donate them to the prize pool for one of the upcomming BiM contests... mini/tongue

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I know the high value of these oldies, but I'm just oh so curious what the clearance sticker lists on the bottom right Adventure box. Johnny Thunder was my favorite growing up; I have the set myself.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

OK, Backyard PM'd me about the Adventurer's set and the Star wars stuff.
Sonjira called out said Adventurer's set, and the Life on Mars stuff.

Rio, you were the first to respond, so what specifically were you drooling over wanting?

Brickcrazy, shipping may be a bit rough, but we'll see. If you had to pick one or two, which ones would you want most?

PM sent. Hopefully all the good stuff isn't already claimed... mini/shifty

Right. I don't have too much money at the moment, plus I live in the UK, so shipping things wouldn't be too easy. I would pretty much like any of these sets, but  I don't know if I could really. mini/sad Oh well, hope they all go to nice homes!

Beautiful sets from a nice era.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Well, after shifting through the flood of PM's and comments, I found that one guy offered to buy the whole thing at $150.
While I'd prefer to share the joy around with several of y'all, that's about the same price that they're worth separately, and it'd be far easier to take care of this in one shot. As long as it doesn't fall through, or I have to ship internationally, they are sold.

I certainly don't mean to push anyone off, or ignore those who expressed interest early on. I wish now I had more to sell off! However, with moving, and all the other craziness going on this week, this would make my life much easier. But who knows, you may be able to coerce that guy to sell you one or two later on. mini/wink

Again, my goal isn't to dangle a chance at them in front of ya'll, only to snatch it away, so please understand!
Thanks for all the interest, and I wish I could have satisfied it all. I set out to sell in one lot, and I hope it's not unethical to by-pass some of the earliest interest in order to accomplish that.

VN, I believe the clearance price was $22 on the Adventurer's set.

Only just seen this post mini/sad doesn't matter though, since I'm pretty much skint so I would not be able to afford any of these anyway mini/tongue besides there was nothing there that I really wanted. I was mainly just coming here to ask (having seen this) if people like the idea of having a topic where people can post about any Lego that they are selling? I'm not sure if it would be a very active topic, but it might help if there are a few others who want to sell some stuff as well mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Good idea, Dragon Brick Studios.

You could even consider some sort of Lego set trading as payment in some cases, as that might be a good option for those who don't have a lot of money and want a particular set!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Well, after shifting through the flood of PM's and comments, I found that one guy offered to buy the whole thing at $150.
While I'd prefer to share the joy around with several of y'all, that's about the same price that they're worth separately, and it'd be far easier to take care of this in one shot. As long as it doesn't fall through, or I have to ship internationally, they are sold.

I certainly don't mean to push anyone off, or ignore those who expressed interest early on. I wish now I had more to sell off! However, with moving, and all the other craziness going on this week, this would make my life much easier. But who knows, you may be able to coerce that guy to sell you one or two later on. mini/wink

Again, my goal isn't to dangle a chance at them in front of ya'll, only to snatch it away, so please understand!
Thanks for all the interest, and I wish I could have satisfied it all. I set out to sell in one lot, and I hope it's not unethical to by-pass some of the earliest interest in order to accomplish that.

VN, I believe the clearance price was $22 on the Adventurer's set.

No worries Pritchard! I'm sure any one of us would have done the same. Selling and shipping them off one or two at a time would have been far more difficult and time consuming. Thanks for thinking of us BiM folks first instead of just going the Ebay route.

P.S. Also, should the deal fall through, you know where to find us... mini/wink

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

I was mainly just coming here to ask (having seen this) if people like the idea of having a topic where people can post about any Lego that they are selling? I'm not sure if it would be a very active topic, but it might help if there are a few others who want to sell some stuff as well mini/smile

While this sounds like a good idea, I could see it easily resulting in scams and other such problems related to sharing personal info online, especially as the site does attract a good deal of younger members. Having something like an official, regulated "classifieds" section might be a better idea. Not really sure how much interest/use it would receive though. Something for the Almighty Mods to think about I suppose...

Honestly, I think having an official "buy/sell" section may even contribute to more scams and problems. We don't get up to that much buying and selling, and the community section has done fine handling the few sales like this that have come through. Having a single thread for all sales may get confusing if more than one exchange is going on at once,

While I like the idea of brickfilmers helping to keep their resources within the hobby, I'm not sure if there's a safe and simple way for us to encourage that without inviting a lot of problems and complications. Plus, I simply don't see the need for that. When was the last time somebody tried to sell something on here, other than this? I don't remember anything in the past year or so, and hardly anything before that.

Especially with our younger members, I'd rather not actively promote Bricksinmotion as a place to buy and sell Lego privately, that's not our purpose. However, that's just me.

But what do I know? I was the one that started this whole discussion. mini/tongue