Topic: 2016 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival

http://www.brickfilmersguild.com/uploads/4/4/2/4/44245419/2016-film-festival_orig.jpg

The Brickfilmer's Guild is proud to present the 2016 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival.  The BFG Film Festival is an online brickfilming festival that will showcase some of the best brickfilms of 2016. We invite all BFG members to submit their best brickfilm of 2016.

Your entry can be a brickfilm that has already been made, or one you make just for this festival, as long as it was published in 2016.  You have until the end of the year to submit your brickfilm.

This year's festival will have a prestigious judges panel, with representatives from all around the world.  The first round of the judging will be done by Big Monkey of thefourmonkeys, after the deadline passes.  He will narrow down all of the entries to just 30-50 finalist entries which will be judged by all five judges.  This list will be made into a playlist on the Brickfilmer's Guild YouTube Channel.

Judges:
Big Monkey (Administrator at Brickfilmer's Guild)
David Pickett (Co-founder of Set Bump)
Zach Macias (Member of BricksInMotion.com)
Mirko Horstmann (Administrator at Brickboard)
Marc Andre Caron (Member of Brick à Brack)

Categories:
Story and Screen Play
Cinematography
Animation
Sound Effects
Music Score
Voice Acting
Best Brickfilm that includes the BFG logo (Judged by Big Monkey)
BFG Members Choice (Voted on by BFG Members)
Best Brickfilm of Festival
There will also be various honorable mentions categories.

Prizes:
We will continue the tradition that was started a few years ago.  There will be no physical prizes awarded to the winners.  Winning and being nominated for anything in this festival is the prize itself, however the winner of "Best Film" will be added to the list of past winners in the BFG Library. 
http://www.brickfilmersguild.com/the-library.html

Rules:
1. Submit your brickfilm by deadline. The entry form is below rules.
2. Your brickfilm must be uploaded in the year 2016, no exceptions. The YouTube (or Vimeo) video must have a 2016 date.  The deadline for submissions is 12:01 A.M. GMT, January 1 2017.
3. Your entry does not have to be made for this festival, but if you include the BFG logo in the first 5 seconds of your brickfilm, it will make you eligible for the "Best Entry with BFG Logo" category.  This category will be judged by Big Monkey only.
4. The principle animation technique must be stop motion.
5. It must be under 15 minutes long.
6. You can enter only one brickfilm. No substitutions are allowed after entry has been submitted.  Sorry, NO exceptions!  It is very easy to enter the contest, but choose your brickfilm entry wisely.  You have until the end of the year to enter your film. If you collaborate on  brickfilms, the films must be published on different YouTube channels.  No one channel may enter multiple brickfilms.
7. Violence with blood is allowed. Guns, knives, and all other weapons are allowed.
8. Offensive language will be tolerated, but could hurt your score if not used in a necessary manner or if any particular judges find it overly offensive.
9. No sexually offensive material allowed.
10. No offensive racist material will be accepted.
11.  If you have questions about this festival, please ask them in this thread. 
12.  Use of licensed themes and/or music is allowed.
13.  You will need to be a member of the Brickfilmer's Guild to enter. http://www.brickfilmersguild.com/member … ation.html

If your entry is accepted, your name will be added to the "Accepted Entries" list HERE.

Link for BFG logo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/thefourmo … 399545593/

If your entry is a finalist, it will help if your video has captions unless there is no dialogue.  This is not a requirement but will be very helpful for the international group of judges.

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (January 4, 2017 (03:56pm))

Re: 2016 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival

Hopefully this year I'll be able to submit the film I was planning to submit last year!

I'll be submitting a film for sure, I'm just not sure what yet.

We'll be submitting too! Thanks for organizing this contest!

If I manage to release App Man Episode 4 before the end of the year, I'll submit that. If I haven't released it by late December, I'll submit Lennard's Dreams!

Hopefully I can manage to submit a good brickfilm by the end of the year! mini/smile

Previously known as Gillcrafter

"I'm not superstitious. But I am a little stitious."
                                                            -Michael Scott

We have submitted a music video to this, our very first Brick Film contest... We have all of our fingers crossed, wish us luck

I submitted my Brickfilm "Action!" mini/mrgreen

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

I don't think I'll finish App Man Episode 4 by the end of this year, so I'll have to submit one of my other films. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to submit App Man Episode 3 or Lennard's Dreams. Which one do you guys think I should submit?

I think films that aren't part of a series tend to do better in contest judging, so I'd say Lennard's Dreams.

Thanks, Sillypenta. Out of those 2, I think Lennard's Dreams is probably the better film, anyway. I just submitted Lennard's Dreams!

Does having other people voice act on youtube count as collaborating, because the film I'm going to enter will have just other peoples voices not mine

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

brickorbrack wrote:

Does having other people voice act on youtube count as collaborating, because the film I'm going to enter will have just other peoples voices not mine

Other peoples voices are fine. In fact, I would encourage it.

Hopefully I got in on time!

Zach Macias is the previously "unnamed judge".  We are very honored to have him on the judges panel.

HERE is a list of all the entries to the 2016 BFG Film Festival.

BFG members can vote on their choice for "Members' Choice" HERE!

So is this still happening? Been quite a while without any updates.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

It's still happening.  We are waiting for a judge's score sheet. We hope to get it soon. Sorry for the delay.

I look forward to seeing the results mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Lego Figure Productions wrote:

I look forward to seeing the results mini/smile

Me too.  It's a "nail biter" this year. It's very close between a few films. mini/eek