Topic: The Purge

I want to start writing a Lego film based on 'The Purge' Universe. I would like it to be 10-15 minutes possibly, focusing on a main character dealing with the horrors etc. whilst showing some scenes of action between other citizens. I want to know if anyone has any ideas to help me out! Thanks. mini/smile

Chalios Animations

Re: The Purge

Well, when I think of the name 'Purge' I think of the trilogy of Purge movies. When you say 'Purge' universe, are you referring to that? If you are, then I would be interested in seeing what your take on the concept would be, because the idea of the Purge has a lot of potential, but the movies don't really use that potential to their advantage.

Yes exactly as you say. I want to create something using that particular concept however something less 'cliche' than a Hollywood movie etc.

Sounds like a good idea. mini/smile I'm not sure how much I can help you with coming up with a plot, but I remember hearing someone say the the Purge would probably work well if it was made as a dark comedy. That might actually be an interesting take on the Purge. If you made it a dark comedy, you could still focus on the dramatic, and horrifying side of the story too.

Last edited by William Osborne (September 22, 2016 (03:41pm))

Ooh that could be quite interesting. It would be quite hard to incorporate that but I think it'd work really well. I've never been too keen on comedy in Lego films as I always find it very cheesy and 'Laurel & Hardy-esque.' A dark comedy could actually work quite well though.
Literally any ideas you have, just throw them at me mini/bigsmile Thanks Will.