Topic: Beast 10th Anniversary - CinematiCritics Podcast

I decided to dust off this old project, and try to re-format it as a podcast. And, I didn't think there was a better time to do so than today - the 10th Anniversary of the Fame, Infamy, and Glory contest. The only brickfilming contest to have resulted in the creation of 2 of my all time favorite brickfilms.

CinematiCritics Podcast S0:E2

Thoughts would be appreciated. If enough people like this new format, I'd like to continue this review show; expanding it to encompass Motion Pictures, Video Games, and Brickfilmer interviews, as well as Brickfilms!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Re: Beast 10th Anniversary - CinematiCritics Podcast

Thanks for the shout-out!  (I had no idea I was considered "prominent" enough to merit a mention, haha.)  Funny that you should cite that particular character, since he's very minor (I don't even remember giving him a name, and I'd forgotten that I used that head).  Coincidentally I'm intending to use that particular face for the main character of S&S entry, if all goes well. 

You've definitely improved the production values over the first episode, and it's a pretty good overview, but as it is it feels rather short and cursory, and it doesn't say much that is new if I'm perfectly honest.  I definitely think that this would greatly benefit from a longer and more-in-depth analysis.  You briefly mention the production and "longer version" of Beast; it would have been interesting to hear about that instead of merely referencing it in passing.  If you're intending to make this a regular sort of thing, I also think this series could really use some more information from the creators/brickfilmers themselves, perhaps even an interview or two.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Re: Beast 10th Anniversary - CinematiCritics Podcast

Mr Vertigo wrote:

Thanks for the shout-out!  (I had no idea I was considered "prominent" enough to merit a mention, haha.)

When I first saw your film Loyalty, it made me rethink my approach to brickfilming. I think about it often, and, honestly, seeing it helped me to better find my own creative direction. (Just compare my THAC X brickfilm with my THAC XIII brickfilm for an example.) Loyalty's story stood out to me, and, still does to this day.

And, it's already pushing 2 years now, right... #Loyalty2024

Mr Vertigo wrote:

You've definitely improved the production values over the first episode, and it's a pretty good overview, but as it is it feels rather short and cursory, and it doesn't say much that is new if I'm perfectly honest.  I definitely think that this would greatly benefit from a longer and more-in-depth analysis...  If you're intending to make this a regular sort of thing, I also think this series could really use some more information from the creators/brickfilmers themselves, perhaps even an interview or two.

My ultimate goal is to make the CinematiCritics a half-hour to 45 minute podcast. I think that, for a resurrection, I'd probably review a little closer to how I did in the original pilot; Two feature films, followed by two brickfilms. Games and other creative outlets would probably be shelved until a holiday special or that sort of thing came up.

IDK. I really want to try one more go at a pilot, just to get into the swing of things easier. If it's successful, I hope to continue it into a series. Either way, I'm so glad that I was able to start with the 10th Anniversary of Beast. I have such a connection with that brickfilm, so it's fitting that it is/was a topic of both pilots. mini/tongue

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png