Topic: Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion

Wondering if anyone with experience with these programs know the best way to flow content between the two. I am in need of using the motion tracking behavior in Motion to match composites but the only way I know of how to do this is by rendering each clip individually out of Final Cut, performing the task in Motion; then rendering the finished product again to import it into Final cut... I want to avoid as much quality loss as possible and I could go with uncompressed formats but I feel there must be a better way without creating clips massive in size.

Any help would be appreciated.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Re: Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion

I use both, and I sometimes I just export a ProRes file from final cut, process in motion, and then another file back to FCPX.

Keep in mind that you can open original video clips and/or image sequences in motion (create project from file) removing one step from the process, and if the clip is one you will use over and over again, publish it as a FCPX generator.

You can also use Automatic Duck's $99 Xsend Motion software.

If you're really serious about video, you should have several hundred GB of free space for scratch files (that will get deleted after project completion) mini/smile

Last edited by MarkNelsonMovies (July 16, 2016 (05:59pm))

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Re: Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion

Thanks Mark, I might just have to bust out my external drive for this. Thanks again.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff