Topic: BiM Summer Contest: Sight & Sound Production Topic

Feel free to share any progress on your entries whether it's rough story outlines, behind the scenes pictures, or whatever else the filmmaking process entails.

Re: BiM Summer Contest: Sight & Sound Production Topic

I have to ideas and I am leaning more towards one then the other but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited by Smocktopus (June 3, 2016 (09:26am))

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I have written the script and I am checking for typos, plot holes, stupid dialogue ect. If I'm satisfied by tonight I'll get to work. Sorry for the double post.

I came up with a idea which I'm pretty happy with and could make for a interesting film. a lot of work writing the script but still probably worth it. plus people seemed to like it when I was talking in the chat. wait Smocktopus did you say you came up with a idea and scripted it in two days?! mini/eek

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

So far I have yet to find my muse.

I think I have a sound idea...
Sorry, I had to. mini/wink

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

I think I've stumbled upon a really rocking idea. However, its greatest downside may be the stylized look it so deserves. I'm hoping I can try to keep it rather toned throughout the script, because, I really like to go all-out when I animate/direct the shots later on.

This one'll definitely need to be storyboarded, that's for sure. I'm a bit worried to post anything publicly yet, however. The teaser poster I've made up for it really gives away the style I'm going for... so much so that I'm worried it could discourage some and inspire others - both things I'd like to avoid.

Even if the film ends up being sub-par to what I hope it will become, I'd feel happy in holding the suspense of it until a few weeks before the contest ends. I could be persuaded otherwise, however...

I'll certainly post some unfinished frames & behind the scenes pics from time to time. I look forward to reading/watching others' posts here as well. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

After changing a few things and cutting out a weird montage that didn't really fit with the rest of the film, my script is ready. I've been doing some set building and might record some voices later. Another thing I wanna do is all the sound design myself. I wanna see how good (or bad) I can do.

I've just started my script.

I think I have an idea, we'll see if I can turn it into a script worth filming.

I've got a solid idea, that I've thought all the way through, and it seems doable. I'm working on my current project, so I won't be able to start filming 'till July, but In the mean time, I'll be working on a script and storyboard.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

I've got an idea, but I'm going to finish filming Beowulf part 1 before I begin animating or anything. I may, however, record some sounds in the meantime. Does anyone have any ideas on how to create sci-fi blaster sounds? I'd like to record all of the sounds myself without relying on online sound sources.

I've just done 3 pages of my screenplay. I won't start filming until after I have finished App Man Episode 3, which I will hopefully finish some time this month.

Shawarma Studios wrote:

...  Does anyone have any ideas on how to create sci-fi blaster sounds? I'd like to record all of the sounds myself without relying on online sound sources.

This might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbtHVFyKoQ

A quick google search will turn up all kinds of methods, from sheet metal, to slinkys, and more.
One thing I would recommend is not to make yours to similar to any giving sci-fi film, but try to achieve your own distinctive sound if possible, either through sound creation method, recording method, or post processing.

Last edited by MarkNelsonMovies (June 4, 2016 (01:39pm))

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

I've just finished recording a few voices. I also changed the script the slightest bit. I think this will be my best contest entry.

I've got an idea I'm working on.  Set building has started, and I'm working on storyboards and music.

I have an idea (which has actually been at the back of my mind for some time now) that I feel would fit quite well with this contest, so I've started scripting. 

I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make something as there's a lot going on this summer (my family is moving house, amongst other things, so I'm not sure I'll have consistent access to my studio).  Still, I'll write the screenplay, and see where I go from there.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

My brother told me part of the script reminded him of a PBS show so I changed the script again. I'll try and do more recording later.

Finally finished the first draft of my script. If anyone would like to critique it PM me. I now have all the characters built. Now I am preparing to make a teaser.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Making progress with the script. Finished the first act and have officially started writing the second. I aim to hopefully finish my screenplay by the 14th of June, whilst also filming App Man Episode 3.