Re: Welcome to the 2015 Bricks in Motion Awards!

animationIsaac wrote:

I thought Retribution had some of the better cinematography and lighting I have seen in more recent brickfilms.

Same.
Also, really good job with your film.

I don't understand this...what is the qualifications for being nominated? What do you look for? I mean for instance...Lego Captain America 3: Nazi Zombies is nominated for best editing? Why not for best animation? I mean it's the smoothest animation of all the nominees? I don't understand...

I agree with you that, in any other circumstances, Captain America 3 would have been a strong contender for a nomination.

However, it had to be disqualified from competing in Best Animation because I was directly involved in animating it. As a co-organizer and judge of the Bricks in Motion Awards, the rules we currently have disallow judges' films to be eligible for awards contention (to prevent us from being tempted to vote for ourselves unfairly).

That said, since it was the only aspect of production that I had direct involvement with, it was free to compete in the other categories, which is why it does have nominations for Editing, Sound, and Visual Effects.

Last edited by MindGame (March 8, 2016 (03:11pm))

Oh, I see, well in that case I understand, thanks for making things a bit more clear for me when it comes to that video! mini/yes

Last edited by GlowingSkullProductions (March 8, 2016 (04:43pm))

Can' t wait for the final results. Congratulations to all who were nominated!

Hey! I know some of these guys! mini/bigsmile Quite a few really good films... Congratulations to all of the nominees!

YouTube | Twitter | My Blog We are always in the process of becoming complete.

Hey, so i'm kind of new to the forums, been years. So there are the awards from last year? And i assume in 2017 the 2016 awards will be going on?

Austin-Frame5 Studios https://i.imgur.com/6kA5imJ.png

Firstly, welcome to Bricks in Motion, TopBrick!  If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the Beginner's Guide to BiM and the Introduce Yourself topics, if you need any information or want to introduce yourself.  Also, the Cafe Corner is a pretty great place to go if you want to get to know people and have some general conversation.

As for the awards: theoretically, the BiMAs are supposed to happen every year; it's a bit like the Brickfilming equivalent of the Oscars.  In practice, though, there was a hiatus for several years (since 2011, if I'm not mistaken), but it made a return last year.  You can view last year's nominees and winners here, if you want. 

As for next year, I do think it's pretty likely the Awards will happen next year but it's hard to say.  The judges and people more directly involved in the Awards would probably be able to give a better answer.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I think there was an awards ceremony for the 2012 films, because I joined in 2012 and remember one awards show.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."