Topic: A new series!

With the recent death of "sbemails," I've decided to fill the blank. I contacted The Brothers, and through the interpretation of this toon (wait until the last part) I think I've been given the green light.
Here is the original email:
Dear Matt and Mike Chapman,
    With the recent demise of sbemails, and the uncertainty of the hremails, (I get the feeling that was just a joke) I wanted to create a sort-of parody. It would involve a yet unnamed character, (I've narrowed it down to Alastor, Alex, Neville or Geroff.) The reason I'm writing to you is because I don't want to be accused of plagiarism, and I was kinda hoping you guys would endorse it. (i.e. advertise it on the site, like what you do if there's a new toon.) The similarity here is that:
1.) He answers emails from random people with their questions.
2.) He usually goes rambling on with his emails, like what Strong Bad did in his later sbemails.
3.) There will be other, slightly odd characters around to "help" him.

Ohh, I almost forgot to tell you guys how it will be done. These films will be brickfilms! (For a more in depth explanation, check out the article on Wikipedia, or at bricksinmotion.com.) While they won't be anything like Philip Heinrich's Unrenewable, (Be sure to watch it in HD) it will be more like [insert average brickfilmer's youtube name here] films, nothing incredible, (unless you count the fact that minifigures appear to walk, talk, and be cool incredible) yet worth watching.

Please answer soon, as I hope to have a release date sometime in Autumn. It will be in a season format, with 5-10 episodes being released every week of the season.

Eagerly waiting for a response, a devoted HR fan since late 2007,
         -[insert my name here]

P.S. If either of you want voice parts, fell free to ask me.

The characters name is Neville, but if you can suggest a better name, feel free to. Here are some character traits:
*Favorite food is Clam Chowder and Oyster Crackers.
*Lives in a house. (Not an apartment like Sam and Alex do.)
*Has an older brother.
*Likes video games from the mid-to-late 80's (e.g. Super Mario Bros., Pacman, and Mario Kart.)
*Thinks highly of himself.
These are only "rough drafts," so he might be different in the final version.
So that's that. I would like what you think of this, and if you would, email me your questions to [email protected]. (Yes, it's an old email that I still use.)

Re: A new series!

guys, I would like some feedback.

so, you want to make a parody of "I didn't understand what" in lego...acc, sometimes I'd like to understand more things in English...but I'm only a poor Italian...

I'm sorry you don't understand English. They are emails answered by a guy named "Strong Bad," and when his initials "SB" and the word "email" are smushed together, it creates "sbemails." These will be a parody to them.

Last edited by mcoov (March 31, 2009 (12:48pm))

bump

I'm not sure if re-making the sbmails would be a such a good idea. I like the idea, but aren't sbemails cartoons? By the way, I didn't know that they stopped making them, I just thought they were just going to add some Homestar episodes.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DaLegoMaster/Other/brook_signature.png

I wrote:

With the recent demise of sbemails, and the uncertainty of the hremails, (I get the feeling that was just a joke)

Yeah, I kinda sat on this one for a while, and then I sent the email about 3 days before they made this new toon. Yes they are cartoons, however, I would pre-make them, as apposed to making one every week like Errol is doing.

I need emails, please!

Please, emails are needed!!

What do you need e-mails for? The actual films?

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Yes, the ideas for the films are actually sent in by other people. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. Someone sends him a question, and he answers it.

Email address?

Well, what kind of questions should be asked? Also, try making some new e-mail accounts so you can ask and answer, giving you more options and planning.

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

I wrote:

So that's that. I would like what you think of this, and if you would, email me your questions to [email protected]. (Yes, it's an old email that I still use.)

@NXT, ask him just about anything. What his position on this is? Or does have that?