My order:

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. A New Hope
3. Empire Strikes back
4. The Force Awakens
5. Attack of the Clones
6. Return of the Jedi
7. Phantom Menace
8. The Clone Wars Movie (yes I count this one)

I must say after listening to the soundtrack for this film all day John Williams did a phenomenal job! Rey's Them is probably my favorite so far. Defiantly noticing an oriental influence in that one.

Last edited by Galactic Films (December 19, 2015 (02:28pm))

Re: Star Wars Episode 7 Spoilerific Thread

One thing that was sort of sad (but crucial/logical to the plot) for me was that Han and Leia didn't have anything resembling a happily-ever-after between the films.

It occurs to me now that there's a lot of implied history in Han's line "Women *always* find out the truth"

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I wrote a 2000 word review detailing my thoughts, here it is:
http://letterboxd.com/tehcooldawg/film/ … e-awakens/
TL;DR: Here is the final paragraph:
As a whole, I enjoyed the film. It’s certainly better than The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, but I’d say that it is flawed like Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith, but for very different reasons. The film as a whole feels like a retread in some unnecessary ways and too much of a departure in others. After we see Episodes VIII and IX, I hope that we consider VII as more of a stepping stone to the “good ones” rather than an excellent film on its own. This feels like one step forward and two steps back, and I hope that we learn how to properly walk in the next two years. I’m excited to see what comes next in my favorite sci-fi franchise, and especially interested in seeing how the standalone films turn out.
This is either a very shake 4/5, or a very good 3.5/5. I'll be able to know for sure after a rewatch.

It was kind of like A new hope on steroids tied into a knot for some plot twists, but it was still awesome mini/bigsmile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I definitely rank Attack of the clones far above The Phantom Menace.  It's actually my favorite of the prequel trilogy

I also may be controversial, but I did not hate Jar Jar the way everyone else did.  He was annoying in some parts, especially in the bongo, but what ruined Episode I for me was Jake Lloyd.

My favorite movie in the series so far is the Empire Strikes Back.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Kylo Ren (or I guess Ben Solo as we now know) reminded me of a lot of Anakin from AotC but kinda in reverse. While Anakin felt that he was immune to the Dark Side, so I feel like Kylo, as he says, feels as though he is immune to the Light. Maybe that was just me though.

Sméagol wrote:

I thought it was good, with a lot of great elements, in a slightly overwhelming, convoluted, messy way.

Yep, I think this sums it up. It was great and I loved it, but boy there was a lot of information to stuff in the runtime.

I really like Rey and Finn. Perhaps it's the English accent representation and the fact that they remind me a lot of people I went to school with. mini/tongue

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I finally got to see a Star Wars film in theaters! mini/delirium I loved it. It's certainly not a perfect, and sure, it's basically a re-skin of IV, but it was exactly what I was hoping for out of a new Star Wars movie. I really like that Han is Rey's Obi Wan, and Luke is her Yoda (probably). I think it's a really good end to Han's story as a character. I was also really happy with the amount of fan service. It didn't overwhelm me or get old, and that trash compactor bit was pretty much the greatest thing ever. I'm more than satisfied and will be seeing it again.

Also, BB-8's thumbs up was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. mini/smile

Edit: I just realized what episode 7 felt like to me: it's the like the ultimate Star Wars fan film. A bunch of Star Wars super fans who happen to be really good filmmakers were given a huge budget to make a Star Wars film. That's why it was so much fun to watch. The super Death Star makes a lot of sense when I think about it like that.

Last edited by backyardlegos (December 20, 2015 (04:53pm))

im 99% sure that wasnt a "thumbs" up.....

I just wonder, what will it take for Star Wars villains to learn that building super powered weapons, like planet sized weapons, often end up being the ultimate let down? Sure, most of them destroy a planet or two, but in the end, they just get destroyed. More often than not (i.e.: all the time) by tiny one manned craft bombing exhaust shafts.

Let's hope that after 3 failures someone has learned. Either that, or by episode 9 we may see a galaxy sized death star.

Spoiler (click to read)

It will only take one well placed (down the exhaust) proton torpedo to destroy.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Kieren Barnett wrote:

I just wonder, what will it take for Star Wars villains to learn that building super powered weapons, like planet sized weapons, often end up being the ultimate let down? Sure, most of them destroy a planet or two, but in the end, they just get destroyed. More often than not (i.e.: all the time) by tiny one manned craft bombing exhaust shafts.

Let's hope that after 3 failures someone has learned. Either that, or by episode 9 we may see a galaxy sized death star.

Spoiler (click to read)

It will only take one well placed (down the exhaust) proton torpedo to destroy.

That there is my biggest gripe with The Force Awakens; having another 'Death Star' (Yeah, I know its called Starkiller Base)
I hope as well that the next two films focus less on 'Super Weapons', much like the Prequels (why'd I bring that up)
Still, however The Force Awakens is a solid film!

I've seen the film twice now. The first time I was slightly disappointed in a few things, but by the second time it had time to sink in.

Overall I enjoyed it, the copying of a new hope, I personally thought it was a great way to introduce the new generation. But I was disappointed by it also. The like 2 minutes of Luke was for me was the most heartbreaking (since he is my favorite character). Han's death really didn't feel right in the story to me, but maybe it makes sense to others? I still am not very happy about it.

When I saw the film the second I can honestly say: I understood it better, I was okay with Luke's cameo, I still wasn't happy about Han's death, but overall the second time I ENJOYED IT, and that means more to me than an original story or the quiality of the film.

I would highly encourage seeing it again if you're disappointed, it really comes together the second time.

My really only large complaint is the character Finn (and I am not racists). After him and Rey meet Han, his character doesn't really need to be there. If you cut him completely out of the film after that, it's still the same film. Han and Chewie would still infiltrate the base without him, and how does he know so much if he worked in sanitation? I kinda wished Kylo killed him. It would have made his story better.

My favorite new thing added in this movie is Rey and Fin.  I'm terribly fond of those two and I loved how they worked together.  I also liked how most of the time neither one of them felt like the main characters and more like a duo of equals.

When I watched the film, I got the impression that Fin was a Jedi, and I was pretty sure that he was a Jedi the whole time.  However, now seeing people discuss the film on the internet, I've seen a whole lot of people say that he's NOT a Jedi, so I'm not really that sure anymore.

Is Fin strong with the Force?

I noticed that early on in the film, the Force theme plays when Fin is on screen.  In a New Hope, this theme is also sometimes played when Liea is on screen, and led some people to the conclusion that Liea was Luke's sister (even when A New Hope was the only Star Wars film released).
He also can wield a light saber, which I thought most people couldn't do without cutting their limbs off.  Sure, he wasn't the best with it, but pretty good for a guy who just happened to pick one up without any training.

Rey just seems more like a sort of Jedi who focuses more in Force powers (like Yoda) while Fin came across more as a Jedi warrior type person (like Ani).

Mosh5256 wrote:

Han's death really didn't feel right in the story to me, but maybe it makes sense to others? I still am not very happy about it.

I was actually fine with Han's death. Kylo Ren's need to kill his father says a lot about him; he's determined to go down that path. I'm excited to see where his story arc is going to go. It could be interesting, but unlike Vader, redemption doesn't seem very likely.

And to be frank, Han probably won't have much place in the overall story of this trilogy. Killing him off frees up screen-time for the new characters.

I've got a lot more I'd like to say about this flom, but I'll probably save my full review for after my second viewing.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Squid wrote:

Rey just seems more like a sort of Jedi who focuses more in Force powers (like Yoda) while Fin came across more as a Jedi warrior type person (like Ani).

I disagree. Finn not only was beaten by Kylo in a lightsaber fight, but also got trounced by a stormtrooper with a riot control baton. On the other hand, Rey soundly defeated Kylo after picking up a lightsaber for the first time. I never got the impression that Finn was force sensitive in any way while watching the film. Yeah he used a lightsaber a couple times, but that was only because it was the only weapon he had on him.

Also, while I can't think of many examples, I do know of at least one non force sensative individual, Pre Vizsla from The Clone Wars cartoons (canon, btw) that used a lightsaber quite well without loosing any of his limbs or doing himself damage.

Last edited by Brickcrazy (December 21, 2015 (01:44pm))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Brickcrazy wrote:

Finn not only was beaten by Kylo in a lightsaber fight, but also got trounced by a stormtrooper with a riot control baton. On the other hand, Rey soundly defeated Kylo after picking up a lightsaber for the first time.

True.
Of course, Kylo Ren actually had some lightsaber training before fighting Fin, as such, he'd probably beat Fin either way regardless of him being with the force or not.  The only reason Kylo Ren couldn't kill him right away is probably because he was shot by Chewbaca earlier.  Still, Fin did manage to wound Kylo Ren even more, even if he did lose, which probably helped Rey score a win.

Meh.

Also, I swear I heard Kylo say "yousa". It scared me for a second.

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (December 21, 2015 (04:04pm))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

There was a rumor about Episode 7 that Han Solo would indeed die, but at the hands of Luke Skywalker!!! According to the rumor, by the time of TFA Luke had been captured by ex-Inqusitors and had completely lost his marbles and turned to the Dark Side. Thank the Forcethat did't happen!

There was also a rumor that Leia was working with the Hutts to gain access to the smuggling world and that she would have build a super weapon to combat the FO's super weapon under the code name "The Catapult".  Very strange stuff.

Brickcrazy wrote:

I disagree. Finn not only was beaten by Kylo in a lightsaber fight, but also got trounced by a stormtrooper with a riot control baton. On the other hand, Rey soundly defeated Kylo after picking up a lightsaber for the first time. I never got the impression that Finn was force sensitive in any way while watching the film. Yeah he used a lightsaber a couple times, but that was only because it was the only weapon he had on him.

You can't really compare Finn to Rey; she's clearly the most force sensitive person ever in the universe based on what she did in that movie without training. She used mind control with literally no training after having one vision and winning a staring contest with Kylo. Not to mention force pulling a lightsaber to herself from like 100 yards away; Luke couldn't even do that until halfway through Empire. I mean sheesh.

I don't suppose we'll ever get another movie that treats the force right.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions