Topic: Having trouble with Windows Movie Maker

So, this is pretty much what is wrong: I animate using Zu3D Studio 3 software, I convert the project into a video file like I always do, but then when I put the video into a Movie Maker project, a message pops up saying that there is an error with the codec and that I have to delete all video/photo files from the project that have this problem. Now, I know for a fact that this is not the case, because I always use the same codec (Windows Media Video 9), which up until recently was fine, and when I try using other codecs with Movie Maker, the sound works, but there is no image. Has anyone faced this problem recently, and can anyone help me?

Re: Having trouble with Windows Movie Maker

What codec are you using?

Windows Media Video 9

No that's a software not a codec

Windows Media Video 9 is a codec. It exports to a .wmv format.

I can't help you with Windows Movie Maker, because i never use it. It is definitely the worst video editor out there.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

@Rioforce agreed. I'm planning to stop using it. I'm going to see if its possible to convert my films into HD with Zu3D and cut out using Movie Maker completely. Its unlikely that any of you use Zu3D, but it is possible to import videos into new Zu3D projects and join all the scenes of a film in one.

rioforce wrote:

Windows Media Video 9 is a codec. It exports to a .wmv format.

I can't help you with Windows Movie Maker, because i never use it. It is definitely the worst video editor out there.

Oh yeah you are right but it's a legacy one so it shouldn't be used.

Could you explain to me what that means, Aquamorph?